Arduino controled HIFI Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hej guys,
has there been any progress when it comes to arduino based preamps?
My expertise is in speaker building, so my experience with electronics is limited. I´ve switched to ICEPower Minidsp driven speakers lately and would like to build a proper all digital preamp.
So my idea is to have a an analog to i2s converter, an USB to i2s converter (minidsp have a affordable one) feeding an i2s to SPDIF or even better i2s to AES/EBU board.
I only ever read about DAC projects, so i would love to be shown a direction to threads where something similar is considered.
How do you realize volume control in an all digital enviroment? Are there i2s to SPDIF or AES/EBU boards that can control output volume via an encoder oder arduino?
The arduino would be great for changing input channels anyways, switching from different i2s sources and control power supply for the phono preamp board in front of the ADC for example...

Or would you recommend to control analog levels in front of the ADC and USB levels on my PC?
Any recommendations for analog to i2s ADCs and i2s to SPDIF or AES boards?

cheers,
Lukas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.