PCB MAKER - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2011, 11:50 AM   #1
reap461 is offline reap461  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default PCB MAKER

Hi I am looking for a reliable pcb manufacturing company or maker for some prototype boards, mainly one sided. I just need them to be good quality, a reasonable price with a reliable service all recommendations welcome thanks!
Old 19th January 2011, 04:02 PM   #2
macboy is online now macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Have a look at Olimex.
It's a good price, not quite the lowest I've seen, but they will allow panelization. You can combine multiples of one or more designs onto a single board in order to use up all of the available space (standard sizes are 10x16 cm and 20x32 cm). They will even cut them apart at no charge. Most other PCB places explicitly forbid panelization.
Old 4th February 2011, 06:02 PM   #3
fzman is offline fzman  United States
diyAudio Member

expresspcb is good as well
Old 4th February 2011, 06:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Take note! there are two companies that can be easily confused
expresspcb and pcbexpress --- Yep!
I have used pcbexpress which is the online arm of Sunstone Circuts in Ore state.
I have had good luck with them, quality and customer service is very good. Small qty's you pay more for per board-as with all board houses. expresspcb has their own free cad software but the hitch is that you can't output gerber files. Proprietery format means that you have to go to them when its time to buy the board. Low down trick, but that's an opnion.
Old 4th February 2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Gluca is offline Gluca  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macboy View Post
Have a look at Olimex.
It's a good price, not quite the lowest I've seen, but they will allow panelization. You can combine multiples of one or more designs onto a single board in order to use up all of the available space (standard sizes are 10x16 cm and 20x32 cm). They will even cut them apart at no charge. Most other PCB places explicitly forbid panelization.
I am still waiting for my PCBs from olimex ... shipped on Jan 12 (I am in OH, USA). umpf!

I placed an order to silvtronics a few hours ago, not the cheapest but they take eagle and can also assembly PCB with SMDs which is something I'll need in future so I wanted to check them out.

There is also a company in malaysia with a very similar name (silvercircuits) that is cheaper and allows panalization, at the end I went for silvtronics.

I hope everything will be OK.

Last edited by Gluca; 4th February 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 5th February 2011, 01:43 PM   #6
fzman is offline fzman  United States
diyAudio Member

I was specifically referring to expresspcb - their cad program is pretty good for me, as I did not already have one, nor the experience using any cad program. the click and order is nice for small quantity orders, and they are fast and accurate. i even use their software for the occasional perfboard project, just to get sizing, layout and spacing info. at some point if I switch over, I will be sad to have to redo existing boards, but for now, it is a nice turn-key solution.
Old 5th February 2011, 04:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post
I was specifically referring to expresspcb - their cad program is pretty good for me, as I did not already have one, nor the experience using any cad program. the click and order is nice for small quantity orders, and they are fast and accurate. i even use their software for the occasional perfboard project, just to get sizing, layout and spacing info. at some point if I switch over, I will be sad to have to redo existing boards, but for now, it is a nice turn-key solution.
Yes - and it works, thats what counts.

Hide this!Advertise here!