Rubycon oil caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All Diys !
I have some Rubycon oil caps, and in one side of the cap is aluminium ,but the other side is insulated ,like in an Electrolytic cap,and my question is if i can connect it either way ,or does it have to be connected in a special way,like the aluminium side for input or output? Positive or negative ?
Thanks

What are the voltage and capacitance rating of these capacitors? What's the approximate size of the can? That can style is unfamiliar to me in the Rubycon line.

If it's a polarized cap the arrow indicates DC polarity. If it's a nonpolarized cap the arrow indicates the inner foil connection. In some circuits sensitive to stray electrostatic coupling it may help with noise reduction to connect the outer foil side to the part of the circuit that has the lower impedance to ground, etc.

Thanks!

Michael

What are the voltage and capacitance rating of these capacitors? What's the approximate size of the can? That can style is unfamiliar to me in the Rubycon line.

If it's a polarized cap the arrow indicates DC polarity. If it's a nonpolarized cap the arrow indicates the inner foil connection. In some circuits sensitive to stray electrostatic coupling it may help with noise reduction to connect the outer foil side to the part of the circuit that has the lower impedance to ground, etc.

Thanks!

Michael
The can mesures 3 cm long ,the radius is 1,8 cm and there is a code
CP-C 29 ,and 0,22uf at 600 V .
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.