ARCAM ALPHA 5 Plus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ARCAM ALPHA 5 Plus
The orange cog wheel, that drives the tray, needs replacing. The gears are stripped and hence the tray is dead. The ARCAM part needed is TPH21. Looking for someone whose ALPHA 5 Plus is gone but with the cog still functional or perhaps you can give me some direction where I can get one. JAM Industries charges the unearthly price of $68 (i.e. $58 + $10 shipping) for it. ARCAM charges ₤7, but they tell me I can only deal through JAM Industries.

Thanks, amc184. I didn't know what to search for on previous tries @ eBay and got nowhere. But now, thanks to you, I am on the right track. I'll order it soon and should have the CD Player back in working order. Any idea on realigning the tray assembly to the "doorway". It appears that the circuit board/tray assembly is sitting a little low right now and hence the tray rubs along the bottom of the doorway on its in and out travel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.