recommendations for UK based PCB manufacturer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2010, 04:52 PM   #1
skibum is offline skibum  France
diyAudio Member

Default recommendations for UK based PCB manufacturer

Hello,

Looking for feedback for a good PCB manufacturer that can also load my smd parts. Going to start with low quantities (3 boards) if possible but then move on to 20+ boards. All low quantity. First preference is UK based.

Thanks,

Skibum
Old 24th November 2010, 07:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Professionally I always used leicester circuits, but never used them for low volume manufacture, that always goes straight to the far east or homemade for me.
Old 24th November 2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Low quantity SMD is going to be pretty expensive as it's all machine loading.

We use these guys at work and I have had great service from them BW Electronics - Electronic Manufacturing

Also not used these guys, but identified them to do some low volume PCB production for me PCB Manufacture, PCB Manufacture from Circuit Technology
Old 25th November 2010, 07:50 AM   #4
akis is offline akis  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

For the past few years I have used "Andy" at this email address, the boards he makes are first rate, with silk screen, dual sided, silvered finished, drilled, in quantities of 1,2,3,4 - anything you'd wish for

Some of the larger size drill holes were a tad too small, but that's because I do not know how to use the software properly

lorimer888@tiscali.co.uk
Old 26th November 2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Garyepe is offline Garyepe  China
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Garyepe Send a message via Yahoo to Garyepe Send a message via Skype™ to Garyepe
I think you can find a factory in China. They can make sample order with cheaper price, and send it to you with air post parcel.

Gary
Old 26th November 2010, 05:11 PM   #6
skibum is offline skibum  France
diyAudio Member

thanks for the replies. I really want to stay UK based. Language, time zone, etc. If the cost is a bit higher I can live with that. About to design my first board with Eagle and want it to be as simple as possible.
Old 26th November 2010, 05:25 PM   #7
maxw is offline maxw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You will probably find that anything in the UK will cost a lot more. If you are ever after a simple service where you just email gerber files for small numbers of boards that is quite cheap I recommend seeedstudio
Old 27th November 2010, 12:49 AM   #8
Garyepe is offline Garyepe  China
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Garyepe Send a message via Yahoo to Garyepe Send a message via Skype™ to Garyepe
Just I have checked with the price of make samples, the price need 30USD-70USD (1days need 70, 3days need 30USD) + the original PCB side * units (160USD/m2)

if it is sent by Chinese air post parcel need about 16.5USD to Western Europe.(two weeks )
If it is send by TNT express need about 45USD - 50USD (3-5days)
You can compare it with UK.

By the way, In China just little factory can open the engle files, Because of they always use Protel 99se software .But all of the factory can make it if you have gerber files

Gary He
Old 27th November 2010, 01:32 AM   #9
Banned

I used these when ordering boards for work...

Printed Circuit Boards ~ PCB suppliers ~ PCB Train.co.uk

w
Old 27th November 2010, 02:27 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
thanks for the replies. I really want to stay UK based. Language, time zone, etc. If the cost is a bit higher I can live with that. About to design my first board with Eagle and want it to be as simple as possible.
I didnt find the language a problem with China.

I got a quote for a pcb in the UK for around 300.
In China I got the same pcbs done for 70 and back to me within 2 weeks.

Personally I would build the smd boards myself and get the pcbs done in china.

Just make sure of turn around time before ordering. The first chinese company i used took 2 months to get the pcbs to me !!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!