recommendations for UK based PCB manufacturer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just I have checked with the price of make samples, the price need 30USD-70USD (1days need 70, 3days need 30USD) + the original PCB side * units (160USD/m2)

if it is sent by Chinese air post parcel need about 16.5USD to Western Europe.(two weeks )
If it is send by TNT express need about 45USD - 50USD (3-5days)
You can compare it with UK.

By the way, In China just little factory can open the engle files, Because of they always use Protel 99se software .But all of the factory can make it if you have gerber files

Gary He

thanks for the replies. I really want to stay UK based. Language, time zone, etc. If the cost is a bit higher I can live with that. About to design my first board with Eagle and want it to be as simple as possible.

I didnt find the language a problem with China.

I got a quote for a pcb in the UK for around £300.
In China I got the same pcbs done for £70 and back to me within 2 weeks.

Personally I would build the smd boards myself and get the pcbs done in china.

Just make sure of turn around time before ordering. The first chinese company i used took 2 months to get the pcbs to me !!!!

thanks for the replies. I really want to stay UK based. Language, time zone, etc. If the cost is a bit higher I can live with that. About to design my first board with Eagle and want it to be as simple as possible.

Recently more and more Chinese factory has the international sales department. They can speak english.
As the time,
You can choose express if you need it very urgently. by TNT to yourside just need 3-5days. Freight need about 40-45USD with the samples.
Make it need 3days, by express need 3-5days.
I think you can received your samples in 10days after you arrange the payment.

If you do not urgently, you can choose the Air post parcel, it need about 2-3weeks,but the price are cheaper , it need about 10USD

I think you can have a try.

Gary

The most important thing whether UK or abroad is to supply the manufacturer with all the data they require in the right format with some explanitary notes, and if possible a fabrication drawing.
You only end up talking to manufacturers if there is a problem with the data, get that right and the rest is easy.
China, prices are currently lower than UK, again correct data no problem.

Basic Data:
Fab drawing with instructions such as solder resist, solder resist colour, copper weight, track and gap, silk screen, number of layers.
Gerber artwork data for each layer in same format and alligned.
Excellon drill info, same format as gerber data.
IPC-D-356 netlist if system allows.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.