Anyone know where to get 2SJ162/2SK1058 IN THE US

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THANKS HAAG

B&D APPEARS TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE. MCM IS SOMEWHAT MORE TO EARTH, YET ITS PRICES ARE ALSO IN THE HIGH PRICE RANGE.

IF I CAN NOT COME ACROSS A COMPANY THAT ALLOWS ME TO OBTAIN THEM BOTH FOR ABOUT $12.00 DOLLARS A SET. I WILL STAY WITH HEXFETS.

THESE VENDORS ARE PLOTTING TO GET RICH ON US DIY PERSONS. EVERYDAY, IT IS THE SAME OLD STORY, INCREASING PRICES FOR THE SAME OLD ITEMS, THAT WERE DESIGNED 30 TO 50 YEARS AGO. I DO NOT SEE WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THEIR INCREASES, BECAUSE THE COST OF SHIPPING AND HANDLING, ONLY INCREASED ABOUT $1.30 PER HUNDRED WEIGHT, AND MOST IF NOT ALL, CARGO TRANSPORT IS DONE IN CONTAINER UNITS.

I WILL LOOK AROUND JUST A LITTLE MORE. BUT I DO BELIEVE I WILL BE FORCED TO REMAIN WITH HEXFETS.

TAKE CARE

IVEY

B&D APPEARS TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE. MCM IS SOMEWHAT MORE TO EARTH, YET ITS PRICES ARE ALSO IN THE HIGH PRICE RANGE.

IF I CAN NOT COME ACROSS A COMPANY THAT ALLOWS ME TO OBTAIN THEM BOTH FOR ABOUT $12.00 DOLLARS A SET. I WILL STAY WITH HEXFETS.

THESE VENDORS ARE PLOTTING TO GET RICH ON US DIY PERSONS. EVERYDAY, IT IS THE SAME OLD STORY, INCREASING PRICES FOR THE SAME OLD ITEMS, THAT WERE DESIGNED 30 TO 50 YEARS AGO. I DO NOT SEE WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THEIR INCREASES, BECAUSE THE COST OF SHIPPING AND HANDLING, ONLY INCREASED ABOUT $1.30 PER HUNDRED WEIGHT, AND MOST IF NOT ALL, CARGO TRANSPORT IS DONE IN CONTAINER UNITS.

I WILL LOOK AROUND JUST A LITTLE MORE. BUT I DO BELIEVE I WILL BE FORCED TO REMAIN WITH HEXFETS.

TAKE CARE

IVEY

Well, that's the way it is, unfortunately, for hard to source parts, you pay a premium. Try sourcing anything from Borbely. $$$$$$

Ampslab has 'em as well. $40 for 6 pieces, 3 2SK1058 and 3 2SJ162.

Good Luck.

Hags

That's joke..., right. :D

Tell me that you are not .............. superstitious.:eek:

I would rather pay far less for it, but I do say, that would not be possible.

Anyway, once the units arrive, they will sit on the shelf until I have designed a proper home for them. I have a schematic of the Conrad Johnson's MF80 power amp. But the more I look at it, the more it looks like all the other Hitachi power amps.

I have a milling machine, that is 74 years young. That I use in my home shop. I am trying to sell it locally, because it is too costly to ship. I desire to buy one of the new computer control units. So that I can do more modern designs and features. Also, I am finding less and less bits, tools and repair parts; available for it. And I can not get it upgraded. Well, I can ..., but I can buy a new one for far less. And a LOT smaller.

Take Care

Ivey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.