Parts in Mumbai (India) - Page 87 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2014, 02:03 PM   #861
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajnaS View Post
Does anybody have a Bharat Electronics transistors datasheet/book ?

I want the datasheet for BEL 2N3773.

(I want the BEL datasheet, not a generic 2N3773 datasheet.)

Specifically I want to know how to decode the hfe grade markings and the date code.
I downloaded the BEL Power BJT Databook in .pdf form a few years ago, but couldn't find it online on their website now (it's probably on some non-indexed deep link). I can't attach it here because the full databook is 22 MBytes, and individual datasheets aren't available in .pdf form.

However, from the 2N3773 page in the databook, no information is shown regarding date codes and hfe grades. DC hFE is shown as between 15..60 at Ic=8A and 5 minimum at Ic=16A. No mention of hFE grade markings, but I seem to remember that B or BX is the high hFE bin (maybe closer to the 60 end).

Just as an aside, the specs are not terribly great for an audio-grade power transistor. fT is only 2 MHz, beta is poor, Vceo is just barely OK, etc. Any modern power transistor like 2sc5200 or its TO3P equivalent, the 2sc5198, runs rings around it and costs about half the 2N3773. I would not even think about using the 2N3773 in new applications - its use is largely confined to Ahuja Public Address Amplifiers and some industrial controls these days. Most importantly, although there is a reference to the PNP complement, the 2N6609, in the datasheet for the 2N3773, I don't think that BEL ever manufactured it at all - the datasheet for the BEL 2N3773 may have just been blindly copied/plagiarized from their foreign collaborator like RCA or Mullard/Philips, without anybody bothering to check, validate or edit the datasheet. I don't think they've ever tested and characterized their devices locally.

Last edited by linuxguru; 13th February 2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 06:53 AM   #862
diyAudio Member

Nichicon FG series caps are now available with us, Nichicon MUSE,Nichicon FINE GOLD, Panasonic FC, Panasonic FM capacitors- Buy Online at Best Prices in India Only at diycomponents.in.
Old 25th April 2014, 07:36 AM   #863
diyAudio Member

hello friends .. i want to buy t157-2 .. pls tell me where i find this troide core in india .. thanx
Old 25th April 2014, 07:40 AM   #864
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman khalsa View Post
hello friends .. i want to buy t157-2 .. pls tell me where i find this troide core in india .. thanx
Micrometals T157-2? Check with Jinanica, off S.P.Road, Bangalore. They may not have the exact same diameter or material, but they'll have something close to it.
Old 22nd June 2014, 06:56 PM   #865
diyAudio Member

Thanx sir ... i want to buy fitings of line array spker boxess . Where van i find it ??

Thanx regarda
Aman
Old 27th June 2014, 06:53 AM   #866
diyAudio Member

Hi,
placing next order with Element14, please let me know if i can order something for you.....
(Offcourse not for free :P you need to pay part price + tax listed on element14 and local shipping ( hardly 30-150 rs depend on what you are ordering )

Hide this!Advertise here!