Parts in Mumbai (India) - Page 85 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2013, 11:34 AM   #841
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmphadte View Post
They just want to pass their exam and will never touch any electronics component in their future life.

Gajanan Phadte
Furthermore, one customer student brings four to five friends and crowed heavily Visha Electronics.

Roushon
Old 26th November 2013, 05:24 PM   #842
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushon View Post
Furthermore, one customer student brings four to five friends and crowed heavily Visha Electronics.

Roushon
Well Visha Electronics is a nice store for students because most shop in Lamington don't entertain retail customers. I think its the teacher fault that they allow kits. They still teach 8085 in colleges. Today you program MCU in C/C++ and some other languages not assembly you only need to be able to read assembly for debugging. We don't have cheap PCB fab services in India because there is no market, if student design their own project, design their own layout. Have PCB fabricated they will learn a lot more about how a design on paper turn into a prototype and then into the finished product. Now days student use Arduino's, they are not meant for engineers. The old development board they have in colleges are expensive and bulky and junk compared to todays MCU and Dev boards. You can get a Texas Instruments ARM Dev board for $10-13 shipped. Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:11 AM   #843
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark28new View Post
Well Visha Electronics is a nice store for students because most shop in Lamington don't entertain retail customers. I think its the teacher fault that they allow kits. They still teach 8085 in colleges. Today you program MCU in C/C++ and some other languages not assembly you only need to be able to read assembly for debugging. We don't have cheap PCB fab services in India because there is no market, if student design their own project, design their own layout. Have PCB fabricated they will learn a lot more about how a design on paper turn into a prototype and then into the finished product. Now days student use Arduino's, they are not meant for engineers. The old development board they have in colleges are expensive and bulky and junk compared to todays MCU and Dev boards. You can get a Texas Instruments ARM Dev board for $10-13 shipped. Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.
CK electronics entertain retail customers. Visha has a
cheap PCB making service. I got it done long back, may
be still they do. Actually Visha has AC in his shop (),
probably, that is why the crowd.

I do not have any engineering background, so do not
know what do they teach in colleges. Now-a-days online
sites are pretty reasonable in India.

Roushon.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:23 AM   #844
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark28new View Post
... Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.
Well said.
BTW back in class of 92' we used to program 8085 and yes I used to frequent Visha/Vega. Owner of Visha is a very helpful guy. I visited Visha again recently & saw group of high school students (came to buy just few LEDs) being patiently attended to. C.K. is bit of a "Khadoos".

Last edited by availlyrics; 27th November 2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:38 AM   #845
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by availlyrics View Post
Well said.
BTW back in class of 92' we used to program 8085 and yes I used to frequent Visha/Vega. Owner of Visha is a very helpful guy. I visited Visha again recently & saw group of high school students (came to buy just few LEDs) being patiently attended.
Indeed, Visha has infinite patience to customers. CK also gave me several helpful suggestions and directions.

Roushon.
Old 27th November 2013, 04:51 AM   #846
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by availlyrics View Post
..... C.K. is bit of a "Khadoos".
CK should install AC to have a cool approach!
Old 11th December 2013, 02:36 PM   #847
diyAudio Member

Default Delhi parts shops!

I don't see a section for Delhi suppliers ( in Chandni Chowk (?)).
Would anyone know the shop number or name who stocks Japanese transistors. I want 2SC3503 / 2SA1381 and a few others. Also BC560C.
Are there any BC546C and BC556C ? I see only the B versions.
Last time I went there I found it very confusing and returned without finding anything I wanted.
Thanks.
Old 11th December 2013, 06:06 PM   #848
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok View Post
I don't see a section for Delhi suppliers ( in Chandni Chowk (?)).
Would anyone know the shop number or name who stocks Japanese transistors. I want 2SC3503 / 2SA1381 and a few others. Also BC560C.
Are there any BC546C and BC556C ? I see only the B versions.
Last time I went there I found it very confusing and returned without finding anything I wanted.
Thanks.
I don't think any of these were available easily anywhere in India. BC550c was available, but no 560c - but luckily there are better Japanese small-signal transistors, though the PNPs are always much scarcer. Your best bet is the 2sc1815-gr/2sa1015-gr pair when available, though I usually have to settle for the -y spec.

Equivalents to the Sanyo chroma transistors are available in fits and starts - 2sc3953 is available, but no PNP as before.

Expect the better parts to get scarcer going forward, due to Rupee devaluation - I don't see large Japanese electrolytics these days in any reasonable quantity, only samples of 1 or 2; and only Chinese and Korean stuff, including counterfeits of well-regarded Japanese electrolytics. Be very careful about Nippon Chemi-Con counterfeits - they fail quickly and catastrophically.
Old 14th December 2013, 06:33 AM   #849
diyAudio Member

Soldron 878D Station is available a Visha and Gala Lamington Road. It a decent 2 in 1 soldering station for Rs. 4500 + 12.5% vat = 5063. You can find Max soldering station as well but they don't come with warranty.
Old 14th December 2013, 06:43 AM   #850
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru View Post
Be very careful about Nippon Chemi-Con counterfeits - they fail quickly and catastrophically.
They explode its very dangerous. Make sure you got the original capacitors.

After the LBT shutdown of lamination road I've realized that prices of everything have gone up.

Well the INR has regained its stability. Seller are simply causing artificial inflation

Click the image to open in full size..

Hide this!Advertise here!