Parts in Mumbai (India)

Make sure your heatsinks are black anodised. If not , get them anodised. Last option is to paint them with flat ( matt) black paint available in aerosol cans.Clean them well with a degreaser or dish washer soap before painting. Anodising is best.
Perfectmetals anodised mine on request but it washed away when I tried to clean them with soap water ! They weren't sealed after applying the dye .

Always use fine emery paper ( 220 grade or higher) with some lubricant ( kerosene or soapy water) on the mounting surface before use. There will always be some burr or imperfection. Wrap the emery on a small piece of wood or ply to keep it truly flat.

I asked vishal today, he quoted 80/- for a bfw10

Assuming that you're not using it in RF applications, and therefore don't require a 4-lead metal can package with shield - it should be possible to substitute it with a variety of inexpensive TO-92 JFETs. The ones that come to mind are BF245, 2sk30, 2sk301, j310, 2n4393 and so on. They're not exact equivalents, but in most cases the specs are actually comparable or better - higher |Yfs|, higher Idss, higher Vds, etc.

I asked vishal today, he quoted 80/- for a bfw10

I guess thats because this is an obsolete part. Similarly the obsolete PIC 16F877 sells for a premium compared to 16F877A, which is almost exactly the same, if not better!

I doubt any of the other JFETs are any cheaper either. It appears no one uses them anymore. Might as well go in for a IC with a JFET front end.

vkj

i am looking for APM1040 and APM1045 mosfets for my LCD TV Inverter (Board that take care of LCD Backlight florescent tube) , already placed 2 orders with Aliexpress.com one and half month back but still not delivered and and hopping so.... so any one had idea where will get these parts?

Friends,

I sadly am a victim of fake parts obtained in SP Road, Bangalore. I bought a PIC 16F887 from Vishal. It would not even oscillate. In fact I found that the markings on the chips simply rubbed off and now the chips surface is completely blank. I then bought some more of these '887s from the new shop next to Vishal (forgot the name). He sold them for the amazing price of Rs 100 each. But tho I made sure the markings looked genuine, when I tested them they too were fake. They seem to program fine, and one even worked erratically in fits and starts. When I substituted an old PIC 16F877a (with appropriate code changes) it worked fine.

I have ordered these chips from Kits'n'spares, and now waiting for them. Hope they are at least genuine.

If anyone has experience with a reliable dealer of Microchips PICs kindly let me know.

vkj

Universal
Market Road, in front of Town Hall in electronics market.Quite sincere, if still in business.For components.

Amplifiers ...see Salcon and Monty, others are there, Delhi is the main market and production center. There are people making elsewhere too, some do not give heat sinks, etc.

Try in Pune market...buy a populated PCB, make your own housing.

Last edited:
The quest fir authentic components is always there for DIY lovers and it is very difficult to get original components in small quantity in India. Only one fake component distroys the entire party and the effort put to make the circuit leave apart the waste of money and time. RS supplies authentic components but their MOQ is large. If anyone knows any online seller who sells original components in India please share its address.

Where are you located, why do you need on line?
Apart from RS, Mouser and Element14 also sell on line.

I do not like to give my account details for small amounts, and they are expensive, apart from that the handling charges apply, though it seems RS includes handling in the cost.

There are dealers in every large market in India, at least first time you will have to build the contacts.

And please bear in mind that it is not profitable to send small quantities and then listen to complaints from buyers, so the really good ones prefer large orders or across the counter sales.

Last edited: