Parts in Mumbai (India) - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2013, 04:49 PM   #441
diyAudio Member

Two updates on Gdoc

you can update the file using this url.

http://goo.gl/Tzxr7

And to view use this link.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kZUQUpueTF1X3c
Old 19th January 2013, 12:18 AM   #442
diyAudio Member

Aucosticraft and linux guru i am looking for copper clad laminate , prices of pcb power are too high last time i roderd board of 5 x 6.5 cm, 5 pcs they charge me 3340 rs 10 days delivery. i ordered another board of 6x8cm approx i got 10pcs of board at 1600rs from Seed Studio board was in my hand after 21 days of ordering. and i was not able to distinguish between quality of board , Seed board was looking better in term of Copper thickness, solder mask, even drills were perfectly center which was little mismatch in PCB Power board. if some one really can wait long i will highly recommended go with Seed Studio you get more pcs, good quality in less price.

i am looking for double sided copper clad check/errors/alteration etc before sending it for fabrication.

Roushan,

dont ever think for MG Chemicals they charge us in USD + aprox 40% customs +some shipping + Indian Taxes etc. last time i purchased Tin plating liquid 1800Rs for 125 ml. quality was too bad i will never recommended any one to go for this.

i am not able to search post / thread here some on has posted information on Copper clad distributor who is supplying big sheet of copper clad laminates. if quality is good i am ok with buying(may be it will be next 10 stock for me )

Thanks

Last edited by m1mahesh; 19th January 2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 19th January 2013, 05:01 AM   #443
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1mahesh View Post
...i am looking for copper clad laminate , prices of pcb power are too high last time i roderd board of 5 x 6.5 cm, 5 pcs they charge me 3340 rs 10 days delivery. i ordered another board of 6x8cm approx i got 10pcs of board at 1600rs from Seed Studio board was in my hand after 21 days of ordering. and i was not able to distinguish between quality of board , Seed board was looking better in term of Copper thickness, solder mask, even drills were perfectly center which was little mismatch in PCB Power board. if some one really can wait long i will highly recommended go with Seed Studio you get more pcs, good quality in less price.
Thanks for the Seed Studio reference, I'll check it out for prototype quantity.

My experience with PCBPower has been great - I typically order larger quantities (say a full 10x10 panel of small boards) with a lead time of 30 days or so. At those quantities, their price is very competitive - comparable to prices from Shenzhen if you take into account shipping costs. They also do very high-quality immersion gold finish in their Verified Plus program, and their drilling has been very accurate and centred perfectly even in small vias. Their closest tolerances are also very tight - of the order of 4-5 mils clearances, though I rarely go below 10 mil for track width and 8 mil for copper-to-copper clearance.

I would suggest rechecking your Excellon and Gerber files for drill alignment *before* submitting it for fabrication. I use a Linux-based viewer called Gerbv for this purpose. Eagle PCB never makes any alignment error between pad and drill centres, but I don't know about the other layout packages out there.
Old 21st January 2013, 05:57 PM   #444
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru View Post
Not sure if you're looking for copper-clad laminate or finished PCBs - however, for finished PCBs, the highest quality manufacturer I've found in India is Circuit Systems (India) Ltd. in Gandhinagar, which has merged with PCBPower (India) Ltd. a few months ago.

Link to their website:

Online PCB Fabrication - PCB Design - Assembly Services
Sorry for I meant bare copper clad PCB
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:02 AM   #445
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1mahesh View Post
Hi Everyone,

m Looking for double side copper clad ( Glass Epoxy FR4, 35micron +) in Mumbai. please dont suggest "Visha World" cause there Copper clads are very bad and very thin. material come off even you touch little longer with soldering iron.
May be you already know, but just found out that elements14 has copper clad board exactly of the type you are looking for albeit expensive.

AEB20 - CIF - COPPER CLAD 2 SIDES 8/10 35, | element14 India

Edit: I remember I could not order parts from them as they need TIN etc. which I do not have.

Further Edit: The same material is available in kitsnspares which anyone can purchase.

http://shopping.kitsnspares.com/

Roushon

Last edited by Roushon; 22nd January 2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:19 PM   #446
diyAudio Member

Mahesh, Pl can you share details of Seed Studio with us.
Old 24th January 2013, 04:40 AM   #447
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangram View Post
I've stopped bothering to look for good parts in India as the trader community here is just that. I import almost every single component now, and there are intelligent ways of doing ti without incurring too much by way of shipping/customs.

I would suggest pay for shipping and get them sent by registered post. Will be quicker and cheaper than 6 trips to the local market and the cost of electricity and bandwidth this conversation is taking.
Good idea! It worked!!
I imported O2 h/p amp parts from Switzerland with kind help from diyaudio member (swalter of "Head n Hifi") using Swiss economy post(2.8 CHF for 50gms, everything in a bubble wrap envelope).He sent it on 18/12/12 & I recv. it on 22/12/13 un-tampered & in perfect order. The reason for 1 month shipping time is because of all parcels are first chk. at Delhi P.O. & then fwd. to local P.O.
No customs/octroi was paid

Last edited by availlyrics; 24th January 2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 24th January 2013, 07:59 AM   #448
diyAudio Member

The parcel was sent on 18/12/12 & recv. on 22/01/13. Oops
Old 24th January 2013, 09:44 AM   #449
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member

I got that lucky only very few times and for very small orders. Next time got courageous and placed order and the custom sword came down mercilessly...so cool down and be careful next time...for example purchased two LPs from UK as they were having free shipping offer. Paid no custom and got it within a week. Was very happy and placed an order for 4 LPs and paid 44% custom....

Last edited by Roushon; 24th January 2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 24th January 2013, 02:56 PM   #450
diyAudio Member

I just spoke to my PCB mfg if he can do this for we Diyers. but He said he is too busy for that. instead he suggested me if I can club orders and get it done from him with additional Panelizing cost.

What do you all feel can we do this? To check feasibility say yes if you have any pcb to be done.
1 ) size
2 ) layers.
3 ) Urgency.

This will help me to get Idea if can we together make it possible. Friends I have no personal interest but with a view of making it go cheap. Based on your data I would see if we can make it possible.

This is Just for a goodwill.

Hide this!Advertise here!