Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 06:02 AM   #191
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mumbai (Bombay)
I did not receive any reply or confirmation from RS
Components India about the confusing description of the
product. They seem to be unprofessional which is very
much unexpected. They just sent an email after processing
the order, very strange experience. This is the reason why I
unwillingly like to import directly...

Roushon.
__________________
S. Roushon
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 06:36 AM   #192
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dona paula, Goa
I got my motorized pot (100k) from a second hand Sony, bought for Rs.500. I had used it in my Low TIM amp, but finding that my other Sony, HCD1700 also bought second hand for Rs.995 has a good quality equalizer and volume control on a single ASIC, removed the pot and now I am controlling the amp from the Sony.

My RF remote (4Chs) bought from Sunrom.com became surplus. The RF remote and the motorized pot is now connected to the 2 ceiling fans in the living room. The two chs. on the remote, control the motorized pot of the thyristorised fan regulator.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited by gmphadte; 13th April 2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: correction
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 10:26 AM   #193
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mumbai (Bombay)
Thanks Gajanan! It is encouraging to hear your story. One of these days I will
also find something similar. Actually once I saw the pot in RS it was very
tempting and purchased...now paying for my too fast decision...Uh!! RS
component is a......had to make at least 5-6 calls just to wake them
up....finally it was said that it is not possible to cancel the order and also
over that it is not a motorized pot...but their description of the product is
misleading....and if I do not accept the product they will
not respect any future order from my side....what a nuisance! Finally made
another call to the head of the sales department and narrated the
problem....hopefully it is resolved...Wrote all this just to inform any future buyer
to be careful with RS component India....you order something paying a heavy
price and you get a wrong product...

Roushon
__________________
S. Roushon

Last edited by Roushon; 13th April 2012 at 10:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 10:47 AM   #194
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushon View Post
I did not receive any reply or confirmation from RS
Components India about the confusing description of the
product. They seem to be unprofessional which is very
much unexpected. They just sent an email after processing
the order, very strange experience. This is the reason why I
unwillingly like to import directly...

Roushon.
Was the order COD ?

This is they mislead you. Keep a pdf printout with you. and a screen snapshot. they might change information when you start to fight with them in this issues.

also ask them to put it on mail. keep mail communication for this issue.
__________________
There is always a first time....

Last edited by Aucosticraft; 13th April 2012 at 10:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:07 AM   #195
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mumbai (Bombay)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucosticraft View Post
Was the order COD ?

This is they mislead you. Keep a pdf printout with you. and a screen snapshot. they might change information when you start to fight with them in this issues.

also ask them to put it on mail. keep mail communication for this issue.
Fortunately yes! I held back at the last step to pay by credit card...now it seems
it was a correct decision...just received a proforma invoice to send information about
the mode of payment...i shot back giving the reference of the sales dept. head...took a
print out of the product description just in case....

Roushon
__________________
S. Roushon
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 02:26 PM   #196
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mumbai (Bombay)
Default Mutton street

Just today made a trip to the chor bazaar to purchase some furniture. On the
way saw a Aiwa cassette/cd player (remote controlled) but not sure if the
remote controls the volume also as he did not have the remote (and also
no speaker only the middle body of the system.) Asked for Rs 800/-. There is a
big knob for the volume control. Can this volume pot have a motor?

Roushon
__________________
S. Roushon
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 03:35 PM   #197
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member
 
viki_v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: India (Mumbai)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushon View Post
Just today made a trip to the chor bazaar to purchase some furniture. On the
way saw a Aiwa cassette/cd player (remote controlled) but not sure if the
remote controls the volume also as he did not have the remote (and also
no speaker only the middle body of the system.) Asked for Rs 800/-. There is a
big knob for the volume control. Can this volume pot have a motor?

Roushon
It does not, Volume is digitally Controlled.
Look out for old Sony 2 piece Decks, Which have Separate Tuner and Separate Amp combined with cassette Player, These will 100% have Motorized Volume Control, You can Demo it if possible, Volume knob will rotate when you increase or decrease volume.

Why dont you try ebay, you will find many.
__________________
If you try to find a fool, the first person you find is yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 05:03 PM   #198
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mumbai (Bombay)
Thanks Viki!
I did not purchase it guessing it does not have a motor. It seems some
astrological bad phase I am passing through regarding getting a motor. Will try
next time what you suggested. Ebay, I am a bit afraid of, had some bad
experience in the past.

Regards
Roushon.
__________________
S. Roushon
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 05:29 PM   #199
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member
 
viki_v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: India (Mumbai)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushon View Post
Thanks Viki!
I did not purchase it guessing it does not have a motor. It seems some
astrological bad phase I am passing through regarding getting a motor. Will try
next time what you suggested. Ebay, I am a bit afraid of, had some bad
experience in the past.

Regards
Roushon.
motorized pot | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOR-CONTRO...item43ae206d67
__________________
If you try to find a fool, the first person you find is yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 06:14 PM   #200
diyAudio Member
 
ashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 3RS
Roushon,
Usually motorised volume controls are not very easy to turn. You will find it rather stiff compared to non motorised controls. Digitally encoded volume controls are also fairly easy to turn.
Check it on units you already have access to and you will get to know what to expect.
__________________
AM
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[INDIA] Any DIYer made a Gainclone in India. willing to help? smarcher Chip Amps 63 2nd January 2014 11:07 AM
Parts availability in India ashok Parts 1 8th June 2011 05:49 PM
I am from Mumbai, India. rakeshln Introductions 2 10th June 2004 03:39 PM
DIY Audio parts sourcing for Live Sound Reinforcement in India peterpan73 Parts 0 19th February 2004 11:28 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2