Parts in Mumbai (India)

Where can I get plexiglass (acrylic glass) in Mumbai. I'm also looking for Hex spacers for PCB

Hex spacer available from some footpath stalls on the road parallel to the railway track just
outside the Grant Road railway station. I believe plexiglass is available in the Bhuleshwar
area but not sure.

Roushon.

Attachments

• Hex Spacer.jpg
    Hex Spacer.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 152

Thanks for the post. Seems to be only for heavy duty products. But do they retail? Suppose I need only four pieces 10000uF 63v. Will it be entertained? And what will be the shipping chrage? If you have dealt with them then please give some details.

Edit: Sorry! Just noticed you are not from India, so you may not have all the local informations.

Regards
Roushon.

Last edited:
So,asked around in many shops for chromo paper-they dont have the stuff.
Did another try showing them the paper Roushon kindly sent,i got *some* paper from a shop,but its not good enough for the transfer.Either holds the toner or it simply flakes off.
So that was a dud.

Any chance of getting a paper group buy?I am thinking of now mailing the people on the card Roushon posted.
As of now,i am simply using backing from A4 sticker sheets.My sheets have a plastic coat which occasionally shrink and jam the printer.Now that means a lot of browsing center wallahs refuse to give me layout prints on my plastic-paper and i have to travel 10-12 kms to get printouts.And that too has turned bad of late as the prints are not satisfactory,especially if there are too thick traces or ground planes to print.

Also,What about the photo resist film?

Also,Roushon,about caps,if there are many people interested,could we have a GB for decent ones?
I know its easy to get legit caps,but there will be people who stay quite a bit far from centers like SP road/Lammy/Ritchie st. Or have an issue with fake caps.
Or perhaps we could have something like that nichicon gold cap GB that member Buzzforb conducted.

So,asked around in many shops for chromo paper-they dont have the stuff.
Did another try showing them the paper Roushon kindly sent,i got *some* paper from a shop,but its not good enough for the transfer.Either holds the toner or it simply flakes off.
So that was a dud.

Any chance of getting a paper group buy?I am thinking of now mailing the people on the card Roushon posted.
As of now,i am simply using backing from A4 sticker sheets.My sheets have a plastic coat which occasionally shrink and jam the printer.Now that means a lot of browsing center wallahs refuse to give me layout prints on my plastic-paper and i have to travel 10-12 kms to get printouts.And that too has turned bad of late as the prints are not satisfactory,especially if there are too thick traces or ground planes to print.

Also,What about the photo resist film?

Also,Roushon,about caps,if there are many people interested,could we have a GB for decent ones?
I know its easy to get legit caps,but there will be people who stay quite a bit far from centers like SP road/Lammy/Ritchie st. Or have an issue with fake caps.
Or perhaps we could have something like that nichicon gold cap GB that member Buzzforb conducted.

I asked the Mayur Paper in Mumbai if they can ship
paper, they said yes. So you can just call them up. But
there is a problem in this, you are not sure if you are
getting the correct paper until you get it. So, it is best a
group buy. There is always a problem with ground plane
quality even after 100% transfer of the toner to the board:
do not keep the board dipped for long time in the etchant,
or it is better to cover the ground plane area or very thick
tracks with paint over the toner, this is easy. Tracks, pads
etc comes perfect. I just etched some double sided with
SMD, the etchant did eat up some ground plane area as I
could not see whether the etching is complete (being
double sided, blocks light from back) and kept it a bit
longer. But it was good enough.

For caps you can try diycomponents.in. I also do not mind
group buy, but it never materialized here.

Roushon.

I was trying out the toner transfer using Chromo paper.unfortunately the PCB exploded. I am afraid if it is the bad pcb or too much heat.

Fortunately Chromo papers worked perfect it seems .
:)

I am sorry for the accident.

You got it almost correct. I think too much heat or there were air bubbles inside the copper clad board. Sent you a pm with some more instructions. With this paper you can transfer 100% of the toner.

Roushon

Last edited: