Parts in Mumbai (India)

DEAR SIR
I WANT A ECONOMIC FINE PCB BOARD(COPPER CLAD) CUTTER AND 60 A AMPERE METER

I use acrylic cutter for this purpose. See the attached picture. Go to any hardware store and ask for `acrylic cutter', it costs around Rs 50/-, purchased long back, may be more now.

Such Ampere meter is available in big electrical goods shop.

Edit: You have to slide the cutter softly on both sides of the board and when it is weak enough, break it. It needs practice.
Edit: Or you can use plane saw blade used to cut iron rod etc.

Roushon

Attachments

• pcb-cutter.jpg
    pcb-cutter.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Here is the details of the shop I mentioned before. Drill bits of all sizes, hot air guns (Rs 350/-), MX crimper (Rs 300/-) and all kinds of tools. (Crowded and tiny shop.) Drill bits Rs 5/- a pieces (0.8mm, 1m I purchased).

Roushon.

Hi Roushan,

yesterday visited this shop and i purchased 5 types of drill bits in qty of 10 at 5 rs each. i have not tested quality of drill bits but looks good, earlier i used to purchase from LR and item cost was 15-25 rs each. you saved my lot of money. now i have vial full of drill bits.

i also brought acrylic cutter only at 60 rs and 4 additional blade 10 rs each blade, quality good.

thanks to only you :)

Last edited:
Hi Roushan,

yesterday visited this shop and i purchased 5 types of drill bits in qty of 10 at 5 rs each. i have not tested quality of drill bits but looks good, earlier i used to purchase from LR and item cost was 15-25 rs each. you saved my lot of money. now i have vial full of drill bits.

i also brought acrylic cutter only at 60 rs and 4 additional blade 10 rs each blade, quality good.

thanks to only you :)

You are most welcome! I am very happy that my effort is helping hobbyists.

Roushon.

You were in Lohar chawal yesterday did you check for Lamination machine in Abdul Rehman Street. I believe that chromo paper + lamination machine + TRF should produce pcb with very fine track.

May I ask why do you require so many drill bits. Do you have a work shop.

i was not aware Lamination machin will available at Lohar Chawl, next time i will defiantly check at location suggested by you.

i live in Uran which almost two and half hours to Mumbai and my office hours dont allow me to spend time on other things . so usually i buy in quantities so it can run for 2-3 months easily .

There are a wide variety of Chroma/Video transistors with specs similar to the 2sc3503/2sa1381 pair. Alternatives include the Toshiba 2sc3423/2sa1360, and numerous Sanyo and NEC BJTs like 2sc3953, 2sc2688, etc. In most cases, the NPNs are very easy to find locally, since they were used in high-volume (obsolete) CRT TV appications, while the PNP complements may be unobtainium, but look around. Nothing beats the 2sc3953 on linearity for a high-voltage VAS transistor, but the PNP is unobtainium locally.

If you're not concerned with the low Cob and high Vceo specs of the chroma transistors, then there are higher-current driver transistor pairs that are readily available: 2sc2690a/2sa1220a, 2sd669/2sb649, 2sc4793/2sa1837, etc.

Does anyone know where we can get 2SC3503/2SA1381 .
I assume that Mumbai is the place for this. Any other places like Delhi / Bangalore ?

Mouser has it but shipping is a flat $40 and duty about 30% makes it not worth it .

Hi Ashok,
See if the following is of any help:
http://www.diycomponents.in/Category.xhtml?category=TRANSISTOR

I think you can also tell them your requirements which are not in their website.

Roushon

Last edited: