Parts in Mumbai (India)

Molex is the name of a company that makes many different connectors. Molex is not the name of a connector.

What is the actual name of these connectors or any popular or "the shop-owner friendly name"?

For example, most shop-keepers here don't understand "metalized polyester capacitor" but ask them "box type" condenser they will instantly give you.

Last edited:
brought 5 pairs of 2SC5200 2SA1943 from Cirkit Electrocomponents @rs160/pair..
they turned out to be fake 'ckt5200'
visited them later he declined that those were purchased from his shop ..

got those trans from silikon electronics opp police st@130rs/pair along with mje15033/32@100 pair
he had diff fans,blowers,heat guns ..
could anybody suggest shops @LR for 10000uf electrolyte caps one quoted rs400..
reliable shops for transistors @good prices ..did anyone had luck in finding sanken parts ??

What is the actual name of these connectors or any popular or "the shop-owner friendly name"?

For example, most shop-keepers here don't understand "metalized polyester capacitor" but ask them "box type" condenser they will instantly give you.

Finally found the names of the connectors that I wanted.

I purchased some "PBT connectors" that can be mounted on the PCB and wires can connected with screws. Very convenient.

"Relimate Connectors" are plug in type. I bought some of these too.

Googling can bring in the images.

Just shared as I have not found the answer here. Someone might find this useful.
:)

brought 5 pairs of 2SC5200 2SA1943 from Cirkit Electrocomponents @rs160/pair..
they turned out to be fake 'ckt5200'

got those trans from silikon electronics opp police st@130rs/pair along with mje15033/32@100 pair
he had diff fans,blowers,heat guns ..
could anybody suggest shops @LR for 10000uf electrolyte caps one quoted rs400..
reliable shops for transistors @good prices ..did anyone had luck in finding sanken parts ??

For electrolytic caps try the shop on the same floor as Visha Electronics, Lamington Road, Mumbai.. Forgot the name, either Vega Kit or Gala Electronics. I purchased ELNA 4700uF from them about two years back.

Roushon.

Last edited:

2SC5200/2SA1943 is very old and out of production. There are many modern equivalents.

If you want original transistors you can buy from here: Shopping.kitsnspares.com (ST Micro equivalent transistor.)

Note the price is Rs 180 each. Not Rs 160 pair that you paid. You can't pay Rs 80 for a power transistor and then complain that you got a fake!

I am shocked that Cirkit would sell you something and then deny that they sold it to you. Quite unbelievable!

hey guys :) I am travelling to mumbai for work and wanted some suggestions where I might/should visit for DIY audio type parts - am mainly interested in hardware though - things like heatsinks, torodial transformers, original PSU electrolytyics and good quality passive parts resistors etc. Is there like a market or a building with maybe a few stores that I can visit ? What sorts of time they close - reason i ask is that in some cities these kinds of markets stay open till late (start at around noon and close like 10pm) and other countries theyre normal office hrs 9-5 kind of thing... looking forward to loading up with some goodies :) thanks for the help!

hey guys :) I am travelling to mumbai for work and wanted some suggestions where I might/should visit for DIY audio type parts - am mainly interested in hardware though - things like heatsinks, torodial transformers, original PSU electrolytyics and good quality passive parts resistors etc. Is there like a market or a building with maybe a few stores that I can visit ? What sorts of time they close - reason i ask is that in some cities these kinds of markets stay open till late (start at around noon and close like 10pm) and other countries theyre normal office hrs 9-5 kind of thing... looking forward to loading up with some goodies :) thanks for the help!

Main market area is called `Lamington Road'. It is just outside the `Grant Road' local train station. From the main
Churchgate station it is the third stop. The market is
open from 11:00am to 7:00pm. If you browse through this thread you will find many shop address on this Road. Do not expect to get very good quality things, but definitely reasonably good
items can be found. I purchase toroidal and they work fine. But you have to place order and it takes sometime if
ready made not available. You may look at the following
page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmUCTMjsBdd4dHY3UkJSOGllQl8wSkZUQUpueTF1X3c#gid=0

All the best
Roushon.

Last edited:
2SC5200/2SA1943 is very old and out of production. There are many modern equivalents.

If you want original transistors you can buy from here: Shopping.kitsnspares.com (ST Micro equivalent transistor.)

Note the price is Rs 180 each. Not Rs 160 pair that you paid. You can't pay Rs 80 for a power transistor and then complain that you got a fake!

I am shocked that Cirkit would sell you something and then deny that they sold it to you. Quite unbelievable!

I was complete noob when had purchased those ..blindly trusted them ..
even put those in amp..it sounded horrible ..only then i found that they were fake ..
TTC5200/1943 are new toshiba parts available at pearl electonics @150 pair

purchased 4x 2sc5200/1943 NOS @110 pair from component masters last week ..100% original toshiba transistors :D:D

Main market area is called `Lamington Road'. It is just outside the `Grant Road' local train station. From the main
Churchgate station it is the third stop. The market is
open from 11:00am to 7:00pm. If you browse through this thread you will find many shop address on this Road. Do not expect to get very good quality things, but definitely reasonably good
items can be found. I purchase toroidal and they work fine. But you have to place order and it takes sometime if
ready made not available. You may look at the following
page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmUCTMjsBdd4dHY3UkJSOGllQl8wSkZUQUpueTF1X3c#gid=0

All the best
Roushon.
Where did u got toroid ??
i couldnt find the addresses mentioned earlier in thread for toroids ...

Speaker parts ,cables,stands available at Hira S V marg.
Got subwoofer terminal cup@50 ...

The toroid is not prefered these days as it has been found that the EI sounds better. Only care should be taken to shield its leaking magnetic flux. The EI also gives better voltage regulation than a toroid.

Gajanan Phadte

Applied Science seems unpredictable! Today something and tomorrow something else. Just on Saturday purchased couple of EI. It is also cheaper than toroid.

Roushon.