Parts in Mumbai (India)

Aucosticraft and linux guru i am looking for copper clad laminate , prices of pcb power are too high last time i roderd board of 5 x 6.5 cm, 5 pcs they charge me 3340 rs 10 days delivery. i ordered another board of 6x8cm approx i got 10pcs of board at 1600rs from Seed Studio board was in my hand after 21 days of ordering. and i was not able to distinguish between quality of board , Seed board was looking better in term of Copper thickness, solder mask, even drills were perfectly center which was little mismatch in PCB Power board. if some one really can wait long i will highly recommended go with Seed Studio you get more pcs, good quality in less price.

i am looking for double sided copper clad check/errors/alteration etc before sending it for fabrication.

Roushan,

dont ever think for MG Chemicals they charge us in USD + aprox 40% customs +some shipping + Indian Taxes etc. last time i purchased Tin plating liquid 1800Rs for 125 ml. quality was too bad i will never recommended any one to go for this.

i am not able to search post / thread here some on has posted information on Copper clad distributor who is supplying big sheet of copper clad laminates. if quality is good i am ok with buying(may be it will be next 10 stock for me ;) )

Thanks

Last edited:
...i am looking for copper clad laminate , prices of pcb power are too high last time i roderd board of 5 x 6.5 cm, 5 pcs they charge me 3340 rs 10 days delivery. i ordered another board of 6x8cm approx i got 10pcs of board at 1600rs from Seed Studio board was in my hand after 21 days of ordering. and i was not able to distinguish between quality of board , Seed board was looking better in term of Copper thickness, solder mask, even drills were perfectly center which was little mismatch in PCB Power board. if some one really can wait long i will highly recommended go with Seed Studio you get more pcs, good quality in less price.

Thanks for the Seed Studio reference, I'll check it out for prototype quantity.

My experience with PCBPower has been great - I typically order larger quantities (say a full 10x10 panel of small boards) with a lead time of 30 days or so. At those quantities, their price is very competitive - comparable to prices from Shenzhen if you take into account shipping costs. They also do very high-quality immersion gold finish in their Verified Plus program, and their drilling has been very accurate and centred perfectly even in small vias. Their closest tolerances are also very tight - of the order of 4-5 mils clearances, though I rarely go below 10 mil for track width and 8 mil for copper-to-copper clearance.

I would suggest rechecking your Excellon and Gerber files for drill alignment *before* submitting it for fabrication. I use a Linux-based viewer called Gerbv for this purpose. Eagle PCB never makes any alignment error between pad and drill centres, but I don't know about the other layout packages out there.

Hi Everyone,

m Looking for double side copper clad ( Glass Epoxy FR4, 35micron +) in Mumbai. please dont suggest "Visha World" cause there Copper clads are very bad and very thin. material come off even you touch little longer with soldering iron.

May be you already know, but just found out that elements14 has copper clad board exactly of the type you are looking for albeit expensive.

AEB20 - CIF - COPPER CLAD 2 SIDES 8/10 35µ, | element14 India

Edit: I remember I could not order parts from them as they need TIN etc. which I do not have.

Further Edit: The same material is available in kitsnspares which anyone can purchase.

http://shopping.kitsnspares.com/

Roushon

Last edited:
I've stopped bothering to look for good parts in India as the trader community here is just that. I import almost every single component now, and there are intelligent ways of doing ti without incurring too much by way of shipping/customs.

I would suggest pay for shipping and get them sent by registered post. Will be quicker and cheaper than 6 trips to the local market and the cost of electricity and bandwidth this conversation is taking.

Good idea! It worked!!
I imported O2 h/p amp parts from Switzerland with kind help from diyaudio member (swalter of "Head n Hifi") using Swiss economy post(2.8 CHF for 50gms, everything in a bubble wrap envelope).He sent it on 18/12/12 & I recv. it on 22/12/13 un-tampered & in perfect order. The reason for 1 month shipping time is because of all parcels are first chk. at Delhi P.O. & then fwd. to local P.O.
No customs/octroi was paid:)

Last edited:
I got that lucky only very few times and for very small orders. Next time got courageous and placed order and the custom sword came down mercilessly...so cool down and be careful next time...for example purchased two LPs from UK as they were having free shipping offer. Paid no custom and got it within a week. Was very happy and placed an order for 4 LPs and paid 44% custom....

Last edited:
I just spoke to my PCB mfg if he can do this for we Diyers. but He said he is too busy for that. instead he suggested me if I can club orders and get it done from him with additional Panelizing cost.

What do you all feel can we do this? To check feasibility say yes if you have any pcb to be done.
1 ) size
2 ) layers.
3 ) Urgency.

This will help me to get Idea if can we together make it possible. Friends I have no personal interest but with a view of making it go cheap. Based on your data I would see if we can make it possible.

This is Just for a goodwill.

I just spoke to my PCB mfg if he can do this for we Diyers. but He said he is too busy for that. instead he suggested me if I can club orders and get it done from him with additional Panelizing cost.

What do you all feel can we do this? To check feasibility say yes if you have any pcb to be done.
1 ) size
2 ) layers.
3 ) Urgency.

This will help me to get Idea if can we together make it possible. Friends I have no personal interest but with a view of making it go cheap. Based on your data I would see if we can make it possible.

This is Just for a goodwill.

i am interested , but now a days almost everyone offer free depanellizing, i am interested in ordering panel.
1) Size 300 x 250mm
2)Layers =2
3)10 days is ok for me

May be you already know, but just found out that elements14 has copper clad board exactly of the type you are looking for albeit expensive.

AEB20 - CIF - COPPER CLAD 2 SIDES 8/10 35µ, | element14 India

Edit: I remember I could not order parts from them as they need TIN etc. which I do not have.

Further Edit: The same material is available in kitsnspares which anyone can purchase.

Shopping.kitsnspares.com

Roushon

Roushan@ "I remember I could not order parts from them as they need TIN" i am always here to help you just express your wish :)

Aucosticraft@ you can always order online "hxxp://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion-pcb-service-p-835.html" and pay with PayPal. usually the took 3days time to check pcb and revert us, if there is no error then they send it for production.

Thanks Mahesh,

Just some doubts. 1) when they said double sided board, did they mean PTH or just double sided boards.

2) Are you aware of their rate card? Or they quote before the final order is placed.

i am interested , but now a days almost everyone offer free depanellizing, i am interested in ordering panel.
1) Size 300 x 250mm
2)Layers =2
3)10 days is ok for me

Thanks for replying here, Its noted. Let me see how many more pcbs can I club.

These people take around 15 days to manufacture. I am waiting for others to put their requirement. But I very much hope the cost would come down if the thing works. Just keeping the figures crossed.
May be Initially, I might not be very good in managing this and the requirements too would be low. but I hope soon things would go smooth.

This is how I look @ the whole process.

Clubbing orders for minimum size of boards. ( not sure how many days).

+

Production days ( 2 weeks).

+

Pickup from his place (1 or 2 days as i will collect based on my office workload)

+ courier (3 days for delivery).

But I guess this board should cost much cheaper. the basic benefit. approx, 10 cm x 20 cm should cost around 2000Rs for 5 boards. so the small boards should get more benefit.

If I could make this work, sure we all can enjoy the benefit.

Aucosticraft@ 1) double sided means PTH
2) i) simplest method is select pcb size online submit your design and pay using CC or paypal. ii) you can mail your Gerber to them they will send you Paypal invoice for it. make sure your Gerbers are in their design rule criteria(you can download there design rules from there website and put it into eagle) else it will be more time consuming.

pcb fabrication at mumbai

Gala Electronics Lamington rd makes pcbs ...
accepts layout printed on a trace paper
single sided :40ps/sq cm
double sided:1.2Rs/sq cm
delivery time: 10days

address : 20, Kalpana Building, 1st Floor,357, Opposite Lamington Police Station, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 400007
Tel: 2386 3549 / 2385 4510

attached dx blame es & detex 900d pcbs made by them

Attachments

• IMG_06641.JPG
    IMG_06641.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 100
Gala Electronics Lamington rd makes pcbs ...
accepts layout printed on a trace paper
single sided :40ps/sq cm
double sided:1.2Rs/sq cm
delivery time: 10days

address : 20, Kalpana Building, 1st Floor,357, Opposite Lamington Police Station, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 400007
Tel: 2386 3549 / 2385 4510

attached dx blame es & detex 900d pcbs made by them

Gala electronics ie Vega Kit right? Thanks for the information.