Parts in Mumbai (India)

Visiting textiles shops is one option I thought about but not sure about their sound transparency...do not know if this is a joke but read in a forum that dopattas (stretchable) in two fold way can be used as speaker cloth.

Also just noticed Parts Express has cloth 1 yard of 70" wide cloth in US$ 7.45. If more people are interested then we can order bulk. I need 2 yards of it. Already asked ICCWORLD for a quote.

Roushon

Last edited:
@Gajanan Phadte
Thanks for your kind reply, the NE5532 (or JRC2068D) will be used for gain stage
- but JRC4556 (100mA peak current into 150R) is simply double of NE5532(50mA peak into 600R). The JRC4556 are needed to drive h/p as low as 16 Ohms.SOIP JRC4556 are available in Mumbai but they get hot above +/- 7V.

availlyrics

Can you share the circuit diagram with us, so it would be easy to suggest you.

You could place a reasonably open metal mesh over the drivers. If made well it will not detract from the looks or performance. I've seen dented dome tweeters cause by the maid moving the speaker around to clean the floor. The cloth grille was on and she had no idea where her fingers were placed. Luckily the owner pulled it our reasonably well with a vacuum cleaner ( carefully!) and is happy that it's been 'fixed'. You can still see some faint creases on the ( cloth) dome. Obviously he is not an audiophile !;)
But a speaker attack by the 'better half' would be permanently damaging !:eek:

Speaker building raw materials

Hi All,
Thanks for your advices and sharing real life experience. I finally found a website (suggested in some other forum) where one can get things for speaker building. It was very comforting to see this web shop. Here it is:

diyaudiocart

Hope it helps people who likes to shop on the web sitting in the comfort of home/office (like me).

Roushon.

Can you share the circuit diagram with us, so it would be easy to suggest you.

I've been following nwavguy's blog for quite some time(He has stopped updating from last May 2012 though). The objective analysis & measurements plus comments are very exhaustive & in depth but at the same time very "enlightening". A must read for all DIYers.

For detailed explanations-
NwAvGuy: O2 Details

Dispelling opamp myths-
NwAvGuy: Op Amps: Myths & Facts

Objective measurements of different opamps-
NwAvGuy: Op Amp Measurements

nwavguy a.k.a. RocketScientist thread-
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/193977-objective2-o2-headphone-amp-diy-project.html

I've got PCBs for the same from jtkam at diyaudio.(a kind DIYer from Canada who has given away more than 100 PCBs free all over the world with the only condition that 5$ per PCB be donated to diyaudio.com & a postcard to him. Well that might explain my "single star" status)

If any body in Mumbai wants to hear this headphone amp(I'm going to build with smd JRC4556 for the time being), they can PM me.

Thanks,
availlyrics

Attachments

• nwavguy o2 schematic 30aug11[3].png
    nwavguy o2 schematic 30aug11[3].png
    165 KB · Views: 90