Parts in Mumbai (India)

For how much did you get it.

Regarding the LM3886TF, Same price as aucosticraft mentioned. Rs.250 for each chip.

They had 3 chips in stock of which i bought 2. I asked the salesman why its difficult to get these chips. He mentioned that its out of demand and no one comes looking for these.

By the way i am building a mauro penasa myref revc.

Does anyone know where can i find old junk amplifiers in Mumbai ? Just need them for their casings.

IMG_0608.jpg

Bought this toroidal transformer from Toroidal Engineers in Goregaon (E)
The gentle said he does retail orders across the country if requests can be emailed to him. He will pack the transformer in Thermocol which he showed to me and it looked good.

He is an old supplier for norge, he checked the toroidal in front of me before giving it to me.

contact him at toroidengineers@hotmail.com

Last edited:
In case you like to make your own chasis (as I do
although difficult and time consuming) I purchase
aluminum sheets of different thicknesses from the
following shop:

Pavan Mehta
Honesty Steel
35/37 Bapu Khote Cross Lane
Gulalwadi
Mumbai-400003
Mobile: 9820495404
Tel 022 23461150

They will not cut in small pieces. But you can get it done
from `Bombay Cutter' very near to them. Pavan can
tell you the direction. A week back I got some sheets
cut. Fantastic job in a few minutes, primitive technology
they use and very cheap. The cutting was a nightmare
for me.

Roushon.

Hello Roushan
What size of sheet do you buy.Do you need to buy the whole sheet or small pieces are available. what about finishing of the sheet when you purchase.
And Bombay cutters, Is their cutting properly right angled without any side or corner bends, What type of machinery do they use. hand cut sheets using big scissors used by local cutter is a big headache, all the sides are even bent and never in right angle.

Can you tell the size and thickness of sheet you bought for front panel and how much weight it would have been.

It will be big help if you post some pics.
Thank you.

Hello,
i am looking for input switching just like the one Dact makes, It is rotary pole switcher, Looks just like potentiometer, I dont know exact technical name. If any body knows what it is and where to buy it, please guide.

look around on sites... like rscomponents or other such big , say digikey. and post the link here so we understand what u r exactly looking for.

ofcourse, thats what we all are trying here.

Guys can you pl give me availably of drivers i mean brand and dealer name with address.

( if its already discussed just say so, I am not in position to surf all threads, bad net connection in train).

Hello Aucosticraft,
when you exit the under bridge tunnel for lamington rd, the road turns left parallel to the bridge. just after taking the turn , there is another turn going right, just at the starting of turn there is a small shop named SB electronics. he sometimes has good drivers, which are probably got from customs auctions.
last time i saw sharp 8" polypropylene woofers with vented pole piece. price was something around Rs 1000/- for pair,looked well made but without any specs, this will not be a problem.

walking towards opera house, minute or so from lamington police station, On the left side of the rd there is Aneja Electronics. once famous for good crossovers from Pioneer and others, many big timers have been regular Customers of this outlet. You can find dainty drivers here, and still some crossovers.

On the lane opp police station, there is Sharda Electronics ,had seen 6.5" sony woofers. He had got some 100s of them for a customer who didnt show up, price was rs 550/- for one pc.

DNM Audio uses Mission Woofers, they had quoted rs 800/- per driver, But that was about 2 years back.

hope this is useful.

I myself am looking for scan speak, Eminence and peerless Denmark Drivers.

Last edited:
Friends ,
just yesterday I came upon a company Located in Jaipur. It sells watco Brand Danish Oil, Polyurethane finish which can be applied by Brush or cloth -which have been shown on many forums for veneer finishing. Its a relief now.
I will be getting this stuff for my use , Lets try and see the results.