Parts in Mumbai (India)

Furthermore, one customer student brings four to five friends and crowed heavily Visha Electronics.:)

Roushon

Well Visha Electronics is a nice store for students because most shop in Lamington don't entertain retail customers. I think its the teacher fault that they allow kits. They still teach 8085 in colleges. Today you program MCU in C/C++ and some other languages not assembly you only need to be able to read assembly for debugging. We don't have cheap PCB fab services in India because there is no market, if student design their own project, design their own layout. Have PCB fabricated they will learn a lot more about how a design on paper turn into a prototype and then into the finished product. Now days student use Arduino's, they are not meant for engineers. The old development board they have in colleges are expensive and bulky and junk compared to todays MCU and Dev boards. You can get a Texas Instruments ARM Dev board for $10-13 shipped. Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.

Well Visha Electronics is a nice store for students because most shop in Lamington don't entertain retail customers. I think its the teacher fault that they allow kits. They still teach 8085 in colleges. Today you program MCU in C/C++ and some other languages not assembly you only need to be able to read assembly for debugging. We don't have cheap PCB fab services in India because there is no market, if student design their own project, design their own layout. Have PCB fabricated they will learn a lot more about how a design on paper turn into a prototype and then into the finished product. Now days student use Arduino's, they are not meant for engineers. The old development board they have in colleges are expensive and bulky and junk compared to todays MCU and Dev boards. You can get a Texas Instruments ARM Dev board for $10-13 shipped. Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.

CK electronics entertain retail customers. Visha has a
cheap PCB making service. I got it done long back, may
be still they do. Actually Visha has AC in his shop :))),
probably, that is why the crowd.

I do not have any engineering background, so do not
know what do they teach in colleges. Now-a-days online
sites are pretty reasonable in India.

Roushon.

... Nobody is going to hire you just because you can fix your computer or blink a LED.

Well said.
BTW back in class of 92' we used to program 8085:D and yes I used to frequent Visha/Vega. Owner of Visha is a very helpful guy. I visited Visha again recently & saw group of high school students (came to buy just few LEDs) being patiently attended to. C.K. is bit of a "Khadoos".

Last edited:
Well said.
BTW back in class of 92' we used to program 8085:D and yes I used to frequent Visha/Vega. Owner of Visha is a very helpful guy. I visited Visha again recently & saw group of high school students (came to buy just few LEDs) being patiently attended.

Indeed, Visha has infinite patience to customers. CK also gave me several helpful suggestions and directions.

Roushon.

Delhi parts shops!

I don't see a section for Delhi suppliers ( in Chandni Chowk (?)).
Would anyone know the shop number or name who stocks Japanese transistors. I want 2SC3503 / 2SA1381 and a few others. Also BC560C.
Are there any BC546C and BC556C ? I see only the B versions.
Last time I went there I found it very confusing and returned without finding anything I wanted.
Thanks.

Would anyone know the shop number or name who stocks Japanese transistors. I want 2SC3503 / 2SA1381 and a few others. Also BC560C.
Last time I went there I found it very confusing and returned without finding anything I wanted.
Thanks.

I don't think any of these were available easily anywhere in India. BC550c was available, but no 560c - but luckily there are better Japanese small-signal transistors, though the PNPs are always much scarcer. Your best bet is the 2sc1815-gr/2sa1015-gr pair when available, though I usually have to settle for the -y spec.

Equivalents to the Sanyo chroma transistors are available in fits and starts - 2sc3953 is available, but no PNP as before.

Expect the better parts to get scarcer going forward, due to Rupee devaluation - I don't see large Japanese electrolytics these days in any reasonable quantity, only samples of 1 or 2; and only Chinese and Korean stuff, including counterfeits of well-regarded Japanese electrolytics. Be very careful about Nippon Chemi-Con counterfeits - they fail quickly and catastrophically.

Be very careful about Nippon Chemi-Con counterfeits - they fail quickly and catastrophically.

They explode its very dangerous. Make sure you got the original capacitors.

After the LBT shutdown of lamination road I've realized that prices of everything have gone up.

Well the INR has regained its stability. Seller are simply causing artificial inflation

MAKE_PT0153.jpg

Thanks.
a member from Kerala is selling them(KSA/KSC) in the swap section

I am looking for the following semiconductors:

BC550BP or BC550CTA

BC560AP or BC560CTA

TL431ACLP or TL 431BCLPG

MMBFJ309

I don't know about the significance of all the suffix letters, but stock NXP BC550B & C should be widely available at various local sources in B'lore, Chennai and Mumbai. That's not however the case for the BC560C - it is hard to find anywhere, and maybe only available on EBay at high markup. No idea about BC560A - never inquired about it.

If you're looking for SOT23 MMBFJ309 (SMD), it's highly unlikely that you'll find it (or any other SOT23 JFET) locally - EBay may be your best bet. The through-hole J309 should be available locally.

I don't know about the significance of all the suffix letters, but stock NXP BC550B & C should be widely available at various local sources in B'lore, Chennai and Mumbai. That's not however the case for the BC560C - it is hard to find anywhere, and maybe only available on EBay at high markup. No idea about BC560A - never inquired about it.

If you're looking for SOT23 MMBFJ309 (SMD), it's highly unlikely that you'll find it (or any other SOT23 JFET) locally - EBay may be your best bet. The through-hole J309 should be available locally.

I must agree I have not yet made any effort to find the parts in Mumbai. But thought, before hitting LR I should get some opinion. The suffixes are also unknown to me, but did see the differences in prices in elements14.

Thanks for the informations.

Regards
Roushon.