Pio russian capacitor K42-11...is good ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an SET hybrid tube headphone amp. Think of it as a parafeed with the OPT being a very transperant SS buffer.

Well with this amp the coupling cap between the tube and the buffer is the bottneck of the amp (. I compared several caps.)

The russian KY40's I think are over-rated. I found the Jensen and AmpOhm copper PIO caps to be much more transperant, in fact the KY40 seemed to change the sound signature like a lens.

The differences between these two PIO caps

Hello
I would like to ask for some help
What is the difference between these two Russian capacitor , I think other than the higher voltage.
You can see one marked (was produced?) CCCP and after the usual mark K40Y-9 there is a number 3.
Another does not have.
Also one 10% another 20% tolerance.
Which would be better sound wise. Any advice or experience ,please help I need to buy some of these PIO caps.
The size and voltage not a problem! The circuit let me to use even 100V or less.
Also I read the K75-10 is a great capacitor. Do these sound better than the K40Y-9 type.
Also do these capacitors has signal in/out??
Thank you for your help.
Greetings

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,350
Hello
I would like to ask for some help
What is the difference between these two Russian capacitor , I think other than the higher voltage.
You can see one marked (was produced?) CCCP and after the usual mark K40Y-9 there is a number 3.
Another does not have.
Also one 10% another 20% tolerance.
Which would be better sound wise. Any advice or experience ,please help I need to buy some of these PIO caps.
The size and voltage not a problem! The circuit let me to use even 100V or less.
Also I read the K75-10 is a great capacitor. Do these sound better than the K40Y-9 type.
Also do these capacitors has signal in/out??
Thank you for your help.
Greetings
The left: 0.22 uF 1000 V, right: 0.22 uF 200 V

Hello
Other difference than the voltage!
One is look like made a couple years back made in CCCR , another probably newer.
Also the 10%-20% differences.
But I would be more interested to know which one is better sound wise?
Also the K75-10 is as good than the K40-9Y or may be better?
The problem if I buy these caps I have to buy min 8PC or so .To buy from all to know which one is better a bit waste of money. Plus shipping is not cheap to Canada.
Thanks
Greetings gabor

You can see the date codes on the bottom of the picture-the one on the right is the older one. I would not expect a significant difference in sound and if you are short on space then the 200V should be fine as the voltage rating on these caps is usually very conservative. K75-10 is normally used by diy'ers in power supplies(although I am pretty sure they were intended for something fairly exotic originally) and they are really quite big.

Hello
Other difference than the voltage!
One is look like made a couple years back made in CCCR , another probably newer.
Also the 10%-20% differences.
But I would be more interested to know which one is better sound wise?
Also the K75-10 is as good than the K40-9Y or may be better?
The problem if I buy these caps I have to buy min 8PC or so .To buy from all to know which one is better a bit waste of money. Plus shipping is not cheap to Canada.
Thanks
Greetings gabor
I dont know about sound K40 but i know in Russia best SSG-2, SSG-3 (ССГ-2, ССГ-3)

Attachments

• be9d2d12dea9b7cba3af808b3a7b8dd2.jpg
    be9d2d12dea9b7cba3af808b3a7b8dd2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,344
K40U9 excellent decoupling capacitor, very hard to find 400V version nowadays. I got 10 pieces at Unona flee market last Spring and the guy told there would be no more.
I would say K40U9 is the best Russian capacitor sonically, excellent price/performance ratio as well.

imho Duelund Coherent Audio is the best, Mundorf silver-oil is good and not too pricey.

Hello
Actually I'd like hard sound if is hard on the bass and precise. Also if is fat sound not thin!:) Like some silver wire make the sound thin..:rolleyes:
I have at hand some Russian Teflon capacitor I will test them.
Everybody since to have diferent opinion.
I want to use them in a simple circuit mosfe amplifier.
These is the Zenotron. JFet in and lateral outputs, Simple circuit. For that reason is important to chose the best cap (or which one the best in that circuit)
The amp works in Class A, tested and sound good but very sensitive to every pats used in the circuit!
I run these amp more than 3 weeks now.
I only use foil caps , I tried Elna Silmic but not my taste at all! At least not in these amp!
A simple PIO better here than the Silmic!
Greetings

Attachments

• zenotron.gif
    zenotron.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.