28 pin SSOP to DIP adapter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in need of a 28 pin SSOP to DIP prototyping adapter. Does anybody know of any good places to buy one? The most resonable priced one I could find was at epboard.com.
http://www.epboard.com/eproducts/protoadapter.htm#SSOPtoDIPAdapter
The E28-0023 sells for $9.25usd. I have seen them for up to 3 times this price, so this seems like a pretty good deal. (despite the fact that it costs more than the IC I am using it with)
Has anyone ordered from this place? Know a better place? Have a spare one on hand?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Hello, I am going to go to my local electronics store and see if they can come up with anything. Although, I doubt they will have anything useful. I think I am going to try it on my own and see if I can't make them.

However, if I fail in this, I wouldnt mind splitting an order with you to maybe get a better deal on shipping (theirs is rediculous - min price of $7)

Although.... I am looking at them again, and it looks like they are ADAPTERS not Sockets. You were probobly finding the sockets which are arround $20 -$30 at other places. The difference is that with the adapter, you still have to solder. With the Socket, you pop it in and latch it closed.

let me know what your plans are

Holy crap... I can't believe someone finally replied after 14 months!

I was planning to get an adapter that is a little PCB that I can solder the IC to, and then I can plug the whole assembly into a breadboard so I could do some prototyping.

This was from a project discarded long ago, but I appreciate the interest and I'm sure the info will be appreciated by someone who will read this .

seangoesbonk said:
This was from a project discarded long ago, but I appreciate the interest and I'm sure the info will be appreciated by someone who will read this .

Unfortunate, but expected...

Iguees, I'm just trying to figure out which is the better path to take, make my own adapter, buy an adapter, but a socket adapter. I do not have any circuit board making 'stuff', but I am thinking that I will soon get into it so I can make my breadboard work into a finished product.

Now for these damn small chips...

I'd be up for getting some of those. I was hoping someone would maybe do a group buy? I REALLY don't need 50 of these things... maybe a dozen. MAX.

If anyone is interested, I'd be wanting a board with 28SSOP -> DIP elements

Actually, I wouldn't stocking up on some of these and selling them out to people with no min order.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested in this, as I would like to get something figured out soon. Maybe I should start a new thread to see if anyone is interested...

Why not make them yourself? It not that hard and it certainly would be a lot cheaper.

I made myself some 8 pin SOIC to DIP adapter, but the problem is I can't get rows of pins like the ones you find on IC sockets. This is not a problem if you're going to solder the adapter directly to a PCB, but if you want to put it in a socket, you might want to check first if you can get the right kind of pins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.