Ordered wrong transformers, Piltron - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2003, 02:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Ordered wrong transformers, Piltron

Hi,

I realised now that I quoted a wrong part number when ordered my power transformer when they shipped to my house.

Questions

The previous ones that I used were solid core secondary output wires, only two primary A/C wires, came with mounting plate with bolt and nuts. 22-0-22 300VA part#07A.......

The mistaken ordered ones have multi-strand secondary output wires, two sets of primary A/C wires, no mounting accessories.
22-0-22 400VA part#757.......

Can I still use them instead, are they better or worst than the previous ones that I used before? I thought solid core is better..

Comments please
Thanks in advance

PS: forgotten to ask if I were to use them how should I wire the four primary wires to the mains?

Chris
Old 11th July 2003, 03:11 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Those are only lead wires, and while solid core (which is optional) might have sonic advantage, I wouldn't be concerned that much, especially when you have to wait 4 weeks for your next order. Stranded wires are more flexible and easier to work with. I also use stranded wires on my amps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pl3.jpg (46.6 KB, 196 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Hide this!Advertise here!