How should I connect this toroid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've bought some small 120VA for a couple of P3A mono blocks, but I don't know how to connect these . Can anyone help me out? (datasheet here)

I'm using only one bridge per amp.

What about the safety ground? It shouldn't be connected to the signal ground, right? So, I'll just connect to the chassis and leave the signal ground as it is, or...?

Any help is really appreciated.

(edited for swearing by pinkmouse :cop: )

Sorry about the swearing.. :guilty:

I think you might have forgotten the illustration... :D

UPDATE: I hope I've got it right: Violet and gray is connected to each other. Black and yellow is too. Red goes to the positive side of the PS and orange to the negative. Right?

sorry, here it is

Attachments

• transformer wiring.jpg
    transformer wiring.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 184
Hi,

I wish I'd found diyaudio.com a little sooner! I had EXACTLY the same noob-esque problem recently when building a PSU to power my CD player addon master clock. I asked a friendly guy in a hi-fi shop: Sevenoaks, always good for a chat ;-) His advice was [for 240v]: measure resistance, if it's double it must be series and hence correct. Simple! The most basic guidance is always appreciated...

-Simon

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 167
heres another newbie question for you,

is it possible to get a 0 volt, +24v, -24v from 2x toroids?

heres the catch

both transformers are 240volt primary, and 12volt secondary(2x secondaries, centretapped), the 2x primaries will be in series to get to 24v...

is it possible though to get a 0 volt ground?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.