Opa2134. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2010, 12:06 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratus46 View Post
The only thing that concerns me about that opamp is the asymmetrical slew shown on page 7 of the data sheet "LARGE-SIGNAL STEP RESPONSE". That glitch at the negative zero cross just doesn't seem right. I use them and don't have any sonic complaints but it bothers me.

G
Yeah, I noticed that "bump" on the negative slope and always wondered what the heck is going on there. I'm not an engineer just a lowly technician and I'm still learning about this "audio stuff". An explanation or theory would be cool from you. Thanks.
Old 26th June 2012, 05:21 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Thread exhumed!

Look at the time scale for the two oscilloscope shots at page 7 they are very different. FWIW at 20V peak to peak the deviation looks like it occurs inside .2us

The OPA2604 at page 6 shows a smoother gradient. Perhaps swap them out and listen for a difference

Am listening to music through a large number of 2134s right now (active crossover and preamp). It sounds beautiful I would consider 2604s but they are probably less tolerant (given their wider bandwith) of my use of sockets (my soldering skills are solid but not outstanding). They also would cost me about double.

Hide this!Advertise here!