Is this tube suitable for audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, thanks for the responses!

Hmm... 130v plate voltage? this one advertise as max 250v... btw, can i know the max voltage stated on the vacuum datasheet is RMS volatge or Peak volatge?

And how do i determine whether a 6n1p tube is good enough for audio?

Ok, so i decided to start on this project, the voltage between the plate is about 22v, so it should be safe right?.. Can i know is there anything i need to change in the circuit to swap out the 6922 for 6n1p?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm... what do you mean by pulse radar?:confused:... seems like "VI" and "EV" are quite close, just that "EV" have longer life, less microphonic.. etc...
http://www.4tubes.com/DATASHEETS/SCANS-Original/!1Numbers-0--10/6n1p-all-versions.pdf
Tubes designed for pulse operation; well, it is what you probably think it might mean; they are designed to operate with short high current pulses rather than a relatively steady current. I think that most of the differences are in the cathode construction/chemistry. Damper diodes are an example of this and are very suitable for audio use if you do not mind the inconvenience of using 2 rather than a single double rectifier and the inevitably high heater current. The famous 6N30P is another. When the Russians use the suffix "I" then this is what they are referring to. "E" means longer life and "V" means robust mechanical construction. I am sure,as one always finds, that it is impossible to generalise; it is said that 6E5P-I is inferior to regular 6E5P for audio purposes but about 6N1P-VI I do not know; I have neither used it myself nor have I heard anything about it. That is why I suggested you contact member Wavebourne. He will know immediately.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.