Bluebell Audio - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2010, 02:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bluebell Audio

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, as I was wondering if anyone has bought anything from Bluebell Audio in Dundee recently.

B.A.'s Philip has been of the greatest help in explaining to me the ins and outs of what I was buying, drawing circuits for me and making sure I don't spend my money on unnecessary parts. He's always been ready to have long talks on the 'phone and help out, but I'm still waiting for a few parts to rebuild my pre-amp and haven't been able to get in contact with him for almost a year, either by e-mail or 'phone.

I wondered if anyone else on this fine community has bought anything or heard from him recently as I'm getting rather concerned about his lack of response. I apologise if this is the wrong place to post but I didn't see a 'lost and found' section!
Old 17th February 2011, 10:36 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

All is well, I've spoken to him in the last few days. Anyone wondering where to get parts should give Bluebell a call or have a look on the website. I have nothing but praise for what Philip knows and how he sells his components.
Old 17th February 2011, 11:10 AM   #3
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Yes, I found him very helpful a couple of years ago when I bought a chassis and cover from him. He explained to me how to build a jig to help with metal bashing the chassis, and how to use masking tape to help with marking out.
Old 24th March 2016, 12:28 PM   #4
thommy is offline thommy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm also a bit worried about Phil at the moment.

We had been speaking on and off for some time this past years. I sent him the money for a pair of KT88s and we were in the middle of finalising the details of the build.

I wasn't available to speak to for a while, but recently have been phoning him most days. The answer phone is still on but he's not been able to pick up.

If anyone has another way of checking he is OK please do so.
Old 15th April 2016, 02:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Philip's been unwell and in and out of hospital. I haven't heard from him recently and I hope he's ok too.
Old 22nd April 2016, 02:56 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Well I have heard from him now and am pleased to say that he's still with us and is getting back to work.
Old 24th April 2016, 06:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

That's great news. I haven't ever been to his shop, but may be going to Dundee in the next few weeks so could drop by.

It must be lovely having a mail-order business on a small enough scale that your customers are genuinely concerned when you're not around. I know Phil has been the gatekeeper to what looks to be a life-long hobby for me, which all stemmed from a chance remark on a review for a Teac CD player that led me to valves! He certainly has my gratitude and good wishes. I know I recommend him to everyone who expresses a vague interest in my amplifiers...
Old 15th June 2016, 07:17 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Any more news about Phil? I've been emailing and calling, but no answer. Hope he is ok
Old 15th June 2016, 10:37 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I haven't had cause to speak to him recently. I hope nothing serious has happened.
Old 17th June 2016, 01:04 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Yeah he was pretty sick for quite a while but is getting better. Won't go into any more details in public but I have spoken to him this week.

Considering his condition he may well just be dealing with existing customers and loose ends, and not engaging in any new business for the time being.

Hide this!Advertise here!