Bluebell Audio

Your just wrong in so many ways

Nope, think its about spot on. Used to deal with Philip a fair amount up till about five years ago. he got into the habit of phoning me up and saying he was short of cash and could I lend him £50-£100, which I did several times and he paid back several times till the final expected time he didn’t and I was down about £250. He was prompted to get in touch once and promised to pay the money back. Never did. I put it down to my own fault for letting it happen. Certainly don't wish him or Bluebell any ill but there were clearly issues.

How many of us are in this position and does anyone have a surname for Eric?

As far as I'm aware he took over the business and is liable for the outstanding debt.

I've had enough of this, I sent them money in 2015 and now its almost 2019. If I wasn't at the other end of the country I would be hammering their door down with my fist on a daily basis until I get an answer.

The best I can do is a small claims court procedure and I've already threatened Eric with this twice but he ignores emails and messages left on the answerphone.

They are clearly still in business, someone is paying the phone bill and website hosting.

I will write to the Bluebell address and send it special delivery with proof of receipt advising them to pay up or get sued. If that letter is ignored I will have everything I need to move forward.

Last edited:
I'm owed a 6SN7 pre amp, which I paid for in Nov 2015. I also sent my own caps/ stepped attenuator and sliver hook up wire to use in the build. Total is about £900.

Earlier this year I too lost my cool and left a message threatening legal action.

A chap on PFM recently got some transformers from Eric, so still in business.

I wonder if there is a Scottish equivalent of a 'class action'.

We can certainly get Bluebell removed from the companies house register and prevent Eric from acting as a director for a few years. Appears to be plenty of evidence to support a CCJ against him.

I don't think Bluebell is a limited company, nothing listed for Phil Ramsey or Eric Irvine at companies house.

I have it in writing from Eric over a year ago that he has the circuit for my amps and will supply the passive components.

I just left one final extremely aggressive voicemail reminding him of this promise and giving him 7 days to get in touch with me or face legal action. I didn't lose my cool tho, it's just called 'being assertive'.

Last edited:
"Hi again Eric,

We (myself and a few others who never received goods) have been doing a bit of digging around the internet. It’s clear that you are still in business, and that at an absolute minimum Bluebell has sold a couple of transformers to one guy and taken a deposit for a pair of amps from another guy in the past few weeks.

Basically this means that we know you are wilfully ignoring our emails and voicemails whilst taking money from new customers. This is bad news for you because we know you are still in business and therefore it is worth coming after you. I have left a few voicemails in the past 24 hours. Please check your answer machine. I absolutely do not apologise in ANY way for my tone in those messages and I advise you to take me extremely seriously."

It's done. Let's see what comes back.

Good work Thommy. However, that's almost exactly the same message that I left earlier this year. You can find the registered address of Bluebell on the Internet and view it on Google st. view - I sent my caps and attenuator there.

We won't get a response, so read up on the Scottish CCJ process and we will compare notes.

I have been so pleased with my 300B amp that Philip drew out, sold me the parts for and discussed with me years ago that I've not needed to be in touch with him for years now.

This very day I am proceeding with the rebuild of the pre-amp he also got me going with to add MC transformers.

It sounds from this thread that the health problems lead to the downfall of a really fine outfit, and this Eric character isn't fulfilling his obligations at all.

I did some digging on Companies House and was surprised not to find anything, as I thought Bluebell was VAT registered which would surely require some kind of incorporation.

I wouldn't delay any more in getting in touch with Citizen's Advice or your solicitors to see what you need to do to file a claim as you've been so sympathetic so far with no acknowledgement. If there were outstanding issues and reasons to keep you onside it would have seemed pretty simple to do a mailshot to customers explaining what was going on.

Hi guys unfortunately I have been let down too and led up the garden path as well ,I know he doesn't work from a shop or place of work but in fact it's his house and has been for years,it is my belief there is no Eric and it's all a rouse to con you into placing an order and parting with money and there the story ends only lie upon lie about health ect ect ,it only take a short msg to let us know what's going on but obviously no one will own up to fraud.

Kaidanovsky said:
I did some digging on Companies House and was surprised not to find anything, as I thought Bluebell was VAT registered which would surely require some kind of incorporation.
No, VAT registration and incorporation are quite independent aspects of a UK business. If you cannot find anything at Companies House about Bluebell Audio then it is probably a 'sole trader' business i.e. the business owner is the business. That makes him personally liable for any business debts etc.

So the plot thickens, I emailed the bluebell address posing as a new customer and got an almost instant reply from Philip inviting me to telephone this evening.

Still no reply to my voicemail or emails about my original order...

I'm going to call him later on and ask what the **** is going on.

Yeah.

I have had 3 phone calls from Phil after making those threats. A variety of excuses including "I have no money" so I reminded him that he had been given more than enough money to provide me the parts over 3 years ago.

He told me that I would be receiving two packages in the next few days, a couple of weeks have passed and I still have nothing.

All through the calls he was very short with me, clearly pissed off that he had been uncovered and was being made to keep to the deal. He slammed the phone down before I had chance to say goodbye each time.