Goldpoint Attenuators: Dual vs. Quad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone used both the dual and quad Goldpoint attenuators?

Reason I ask is because I've only ever used the duals, and they have a very nice tactile feel to them.

However I'm helping a friend on a project and he bought a quad unit from DACT, which also uses the Elma switches same as Goldpoint.

It felt like crap.

The switch positions were decidedly indistinct (more of a "thwooomp, thwooomp, thwooomp," instead of the more tactile "click, click, click" of the dual Goldpoint's and Elam's I've used before). You really weren't sure if you were at the switch position or somewhere in between.

So I'm wondering if this is just a consequence of the quad Elma switch using the light detent springs in combination with the added friction of the two other decks and the Goldpoing quad would likely feel the same, or if DACT is doing something different than Goldpoint, perhaps using even lighter detent springs or perhaps heavier contact springs.

Thanks.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.