Anytime, No Rush, Help..........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a Tek 2213 60Mhz oscilloscope. It has one problem which the horizontal sweep not fuctions.

I have the service manual, it is about 20M.

I just want to know which part of the circuit I need to check.

here is what I found out:
1. Focue poor but acceptable.
2. No CRT shield
3. Horizontal sweep not functions but XY is ok

Many Thanks!!!!!!!!

The "focus chain" resistors tend to go bad, because they are carbon composition types originally. Look at the schematics and find a series of some very large value resistors fairly near a CRT connection, related to the focus control. You can measure the resistances and look for any out of spec, or just replace them all with metal film resistors.

You can easily find the horizontal sweep section in the schematics.

Also see if there is a "troubleshooting" section for the horizontal sweep.

There are usually DC voltages and also waveforms that are listed on the schematics, for test/measurement points.

There is a discussion group called Tek_Scopes, at yahoogroups.com . And there is a discussion group called sci.electronics.repair, at Google Groups . Both of them have members who formerly worked for Tektronix, and other people who know a lot about repairing Tek scopes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.