REPLACEMENT FOR ELNA CAPS 8200uF, 56v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I posted another thread in the solid State category, but I think this is the right place to make this enquiry.
I need to replace those "ELNA for Audio" 8200uF, 56V on an old Marantz amp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I found more or less the same ones but from eBay China and made in Philippines or Taiwan, I really don't trust in those items considering how much fake stuff is all around overtherer.

Can anybody suggest me a dealer or seller with genuine parts? Or, is there any other option of caps (different brand or values) that would fit requierments for my Marantz using those original ELNA's?

Thaks everybody.

I have some 8200 Uf 100V Snap In's at $3.00each Usd

http://www.apexjr.com/images/Samwha8200.jpg

Steve @ Apex Jr.

Thanks for the offer,

However, I don't know if those would meet exactly requirements of the original ELNA's. Those have only two poles for soldering in the PCB, don't know how to put on place your Sanp In's. Also, what about difference in voltage?

I'm going through the same thing

I also have some old equipment from the 70's and i want to replace some caps, but matching them exactly seems impossible. For one thing the technology has improved, so they are usually smaller now OR, they will be the same size with a higher voltage rating. I hear over and over again that you want to match the value, but the same or higher on the voltage rating. A higher voltage rating just means it will last longer.

You will want to measure the old ones and always make sure the replacements will fit into the same space. And of course you will want to be sure that the leads will fit through the board the same way, so will need to know the lead spacing. All this is on the data sheets. A couple of caps I am trying to replace had "lugs" as the connectors, but it is SOOO hard to find anyone selling them that way. Usually they are "snap-in" now, but I think I can make those fit.

And by the way, if you have two of those things, it almost certainly the smartest to replace both at the same time. A Marantz receiver from the 70's has many caps in it that should be replaced at this point.:nownow:

Oh.. 56 volts is very odd. I found a Nichicon KG series at Part Connection. It's 8200uf, 50 volts, 30x40 mm. So it sounds close.

Places to look include Mouser.com, Digi-key.com, and partsconnexion.com.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.