Whats up with IXYS IXTP01N100D?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is up with the restrictions on this part?

Check out the attachment. There is apparently some kind of restriction on the distribution in (The Netherlands) or I suppose Europe.

This pisses me off. :)

Attachments

• restriction.jpg
    restriction.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 478
KWx is listed on the IXYS site as your distributor

I bought mine from Arrow in the US, Mouser also lists them

my local rep is however useless - I wanted more info and to buy direct small qty of the 2.5 KV parts which isn't yet stocked at distributors

a interesting problem is that the packaging doesn't meet creepage distances for anywhere near the device V ratings - for diy I can hand coat with "corona dope" or rtv silicone but production probably means going to conformal coating

you may be interested in my crude spice model for the part here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/156684-ccs-transistor-choices.html

Last edited:
You could try contacting IXYS directly and asking for engineering samples. I have had some success with other manufacturers. It does mean bending the truth a bit and pretending you may order a few thousand but hey who cares if it gets the parts you need.

I would have thought that at some point in the future Mouser will stock them in their depot in Germany if its any consolation:eek:

Anyway they look rather interesting and I have the same trouble getting IXYS and Supertex stuff here. You could also try a local inverter drive repair house that stocks IXYS IGBTs etc. They tend to be able to get parts from the manufacturer.

Cheers Matt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.