How to build a bandpass enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and have some questions about building a bandpass enclosure.

Just as a little background on my experience. I've been working on car audio as a hobby for about 13 years now. Until recently, I had only built a couple of enclosures and they were all sealed. In the recent past however, I've built one tuned, ported enclosure and several sealed enclosures for a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3 15's. I use 3/4" MDF, work with fiberglass, and like to build for appearance and sound quality. My intentions are to build a bandpass for a single 15" P3 subwoofer using plexiglass on one side to show the magnet and to port the other half.

1. Where can I find a quality program or online site that helps me put together the dimensions for a bandpass enclosure?

2. What thickness of plexi should I use and where can I find it?

3. What kinds of materials can I use in the enclosure to help with sound quality?

4. Does a bandpass box half to be in a rigid box style or can you change the dimensions to suit a space so long as the interior space stays the same?

These are the main questions I have for now and if I have anymore I'll add them on. Thanks ahead of time for everyone's input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.