Finding Transformer Building Supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I feel this is probably the best forum for this topic, as the transformers will be constructed for tube/valve circuits, but if not, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

As far as DIY transformers are concerned, whether it's an output or power.. etc. I've found more than enough information dealing with their design and construction, however finding the necessary parts for their construction is another matter entirely.

I've done searches on the internet as well as this and other forums trying to find supplies to build transformers, but have been unsuccessful in finding anything.

I have never built transformers, but was going to start with plate chokes as they seem the easiest to produce a successful result and work my way up from there. E I type transformers would also be my starting place, and if necessary move on to toroidal, C-Core or R-core (if it's possible to DIY these without the "machine" they talk about that is used to make them.)

I live near Charlotte, NC so local places would be preferred but I figured I'd have to order them from the internet which is not a problem at all.

Any information is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.