Caps leaking? - Yamaha A1020

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I adjusted the idle current on my Yamaha A1020, and noticed some residue at the base of two pairs of caps (see pictures). Is this just glue as I have read something about this, or should the caps be replaced? I do not notice any changes in the sound.

The first pair of caps are Rubicon Black Gate F 25V 1000uF:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The second pair are Nichicon 25V 1000uF:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is a newbie question, so sorry if the answer is obvious.....:)

Also, sorry for the picture quality - if required I can try to get better pictures.....

If I need to replace the caps, I would appreciate suggestions of what caps to by, and where to by them... The Rubicons are part of the power supply circuit and the Nichicons are part of the Eq amp.

The caps in the second photo are definitely glued. Leaking electrolyte isn't very thick, it won't pile up against a cap like that.

The caps in the first photo might be leaking, but I can't really tell. That's not a great photo. Is the brown stuff corroding the surrounding components?

If the amp is more than 15 years old and you still want to get the best out of it, you should be looking at replacing the caps regardless of whether they are leaking or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.