Better replacement for Wima MKS output caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The OP was asking about 0.1uF/250V - K73-16 of this value is 22 x 9mm which is way smaller than a lot of inferior sounding caps. If there's not enough room topside of a PCB fit them underneath and use longer stand-offs, that's what I intend to do with a DAC build.

Comments about the Russian k73-16 caps are theoretical, if those who spout this theory were actually to try them, they would have to eat their words.

So many theorists harp on about the Walt Jung article from 1980 where he really slags off mylar caps. First point is that this is a very xenophobic article only quoting from American sources. Did he bother to try testing any UK/German/Japanese or Russian caps - no, thought not.

When Russian mil.spec caps first appeared for sale nobody mentioned or tried the PETP caps, they trusted the theoretical crap. Like others I bought into the b/s about PIOs and their variants. I did'nt try any of the Russian teflons because they did'nt appear in the values I wanted and I have only lately bought some Russian polystyrenes. These are OK but don't hold a candle to the PETP caps - so much for theory.

It was only trawling this forum that I came upon the thread started by a UK medic. Medics are by nature realists and not prone to spouting untried theories so I gave these PETP caps a shot and find that the OP did'nt b/s at all.

AmCan I too wish I could find a K73-16 0.0022uF cap to use as a load cap in my phono stage it would replace the Wima. I'm about to order some FKP2 caps for the DAC I'm about to build - let's hope they sound as good as some say.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.