diy shunyata research (Helix Geometry) cable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well that guide makes it perfectly clear ;) good luck with that. I think it would be just as easy to invent your own cable as to follow this guide. I think it is clear enough, but in practice this will be a total PITA and not at all clear if you have made a mistake I would think.

ah yes I make lots of very good braided cables for work also (up to 8 wire), but the counter rotating interlinked spirals with multiple ground planes seem to me to be far more difficult than any hammock. for with a hammock all strands are visible at any one time and it lays in a single plane pretty much, where this is far more complex than that. doable for sure, but it was designed with machines in mind and the main thing as I said is not being able to clearly see internal links from the exterior once you have moved on. the description and diagram makes it look harder than it probably is in reality, its a patent afterall ;)

all I can say is it'd better do as it claims, the time spent braiding a 10' cable of this would be worth 1000 dollars in time to me ;) there comes a point where DIY is nolonger the cheaper option when that is taken into account. though I dont know the pricetag on the cable in question ;D I actually quite enjoy braiding; but I would prefer to lay back sipping cocktails on a hammock I just knitted; followed by a nice nap; than make one of these ;)

Last edited:
cocktails on a hammock
:) agree,

price? look here: MUSICDIRECT - SHUNYATA - AURORA INTERCONNECT (Pr)
reviews? here: SoundStage! - The Audio Authority - www.SoundStage.com - Shunyata Research Aeros Aurora-IC Interconnects and Aurora-SP Speaker Cables

very good and very expensive

I am curious to find out how easy is: me = :D or :blush:
I'll try to braid one and post some hq pictures here
I don't have that "alpha cryo enhanced" blah blah cable
but i have some good wire (silver coated and without) with teflon insulation
and I'll give it a try :rolleyes:

I have seen the document about this patent us 6242689 but there is only the schema for eight wire and not for 16 wires that is the last in shunyata research.
In every case I don't understand for these eight wires the wires for the hot pole and the wires for the ground.
Anyone knows because I think to make this geometry and if there is someone who think to make this cable please write to me to give his impression and his solution.

my email...
sandro.perusini@gmail.com

you must look and figure it out in your head
there is no other way
here is my first attempt with lot of colors - bad idea (pic1)

try with only two colors
hardest part is beginning

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,054
white conductor is not a part of helix geometry

"Some embodiments of the present invention
also comprise drain wires which are not interlacing elements
and which run longitudinally within or adjacent to the helices.
Shielding may also be employed to help reduce noise from external sources."

it is commonly used for grounding, and should be larger in diameter
(easier to braid)

there is 6+6 awg13 conductors
and it is only for heavy loads (amplifiers, welding machines etc :D )

I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• helix start.jpg
    helix start.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 846
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.