Transistor replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, they aren't always white, but usually are. I use green ones.

Ah Ok, Well I opened up my running one and checked the right channel as that one was always cooler and it was 11 Mv Checked and rechecked... so then I went to Left channel and sure enough 29 Mv checked and rechecked that one too.. And When I was confident enough it was right I adjusted it to match the other one.. I got it very close to 11 too... and Let me tell u its like i found more bass!!.. Sounds even better than before I also readjusted DC offset to 3 left and 1.2 right.... I also checked the resistors and they are all actually 5 ohm not .47 .. so i will need two of those instead. This other one i picked up doesn't have any sound u can see the meters moving just no sound at the outputs . so after i get the other channel rebuilt i will see if its a pre amp thing or amp.. guessing its in the preamp somewhere. which I can eliminate easy enough by using the other preamp and se what happens... So May be needing more help yet.. hope thats ok?.. :)

Steve this is from another site, but same receiver just not mine...

Attachments

• 1500.jpg
    1500.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 39
I can't tell for sure from that picture, but I suspect the relay closest to the board is for AC and the one near the center is the output relay. Check to see if both relays close when you power the unit up. Sometimes a relay contact can burn when there is a fault condition. If you have the offset down below 5 mV, the amp should not be in protect mode. Do you have a scope? If you do, look at the signal on the emitter resistors.

Yea I believe the one on the bottom has two screws holding it down.. the other looks to be soldered to the board? The protect light is off so its not in protect. No scope here. I will watch the relays I know the one u can hear click i think that is when the protect light goes off after powering it up in like 10 seconds maybe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.