Bare PCB's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi littlerick

Take a look here

Art is Resistors - electronic jewellery - necklaces, bracelets, earrings - geek chic
Resistor man

Once you can do that you are ready to leave the soldering temple! You might even find a saleable niche market. They are asking strong money for the necklaces, but whether they are getting it is another question. Just because something is for sale doesn't mean anyone is buying.

I know what you mean about needing to keep the head busy, I have a bit more time on my hands than I am used to lately.

John

PS still enjoying the amp?

Go to your local re-cycling centre and look out for any old hi-fi, especially amps/receivers/music centers (remember those) and then take them to bits to extract the pcb's then you can practice de-soldering the components and then re-solder the resistors that you have in place.
Avoid the more modern stuff as they might be SMD components although if you want to practice soldering SMD components as well these are easily removed with a hot air gun used for paint stripping.
Do this and you might find some parts that may be of use in the future like transformers,heatsinks,power resistors, fuses etc

I always did enjoy taking things apart.

When I was a kid my parents bought me the occasional black and white TV during the summer holidays and I would spend hours pulling it to bits eventually reavealing the tube in all its glory. Once when the bits had to go, the dustbin men must have thrown the crt into the compactor as there was this almighty bang that came from the lane; they shot off pretty quickly leaving some great chunks of crt screen glass all over the road....................nutters.

Hi littlerick

If we both make it to the Sheffield get together I've got stuff kicking about here. You said you would be coming by bike if I remember rightly? I'm intending taking my LM1875s so you can hear the baby of the family.

Have yourself a play with the resistor art from what you've got kicking around. A dip8 chip and a handfull of resistors you are well on the way to a computer bug. There was a lass at a craft fair selling very poorly made efforts in little jars and was doing a surprisingly good trade.

By the time you can weave a centipede, a point to point chipamp will seem like light entertainment. I fancy doing one of these but doubt I will live long enough to drill all the holes!

Led Bonsai Tree.

These tickle me as well

YouTube - Interactive LED Coffee Table Demo

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.