beginner switch question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've just gotten into DIY electronics for audio. Just built Moog's Etherwave Theremin kit pretty easily.

Anyway, for my current project I have these two-way switches with 3 terminals in the back. All of the schematics only show 2 terminals being used. Which ones do I use? I've seen switches with a number of different terminals and haven't found a good explanation on what each is responsible for and how to identify that. Can someone help me out here?

What you have is a single pole double throw (SPDT). The center is common, and will connect to one or the other end terminals depending on the switch position. Simply leave to end you do not need unconnected. Some switches connect the common to the same end as the lever points to, others are opposite. You'll need a meter to be sure - or trial and error.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.