Bulk Power Cable recommendation for long run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I live in an apartment that is older than dirt. I have a substantial audio/video system. So, I went to replace the decades old grounded outlet with a nice heavy duty hospital grade one. Well lo an behold, the darn thing wasn't grounded. There is no ground wire! There was a grounded outlet hooked up to a non grounded connection for god knows how long. EGADS.

So now I have to make a power cord to a grounded outlet thats about 30 ft. away. This is going to connect to a PS Audio Quinter power center that all my equipment will be connected to. Power Amp/Pre Amp/TV/DVD/Receiver/Turntable/DAC....

Therefore, what bulk cable would you recommend for this type of project.

Shielded/Unshielded, Guage?, etc.

Looking to keep costs down as I am not permanent at this place, but I figure should get something decent enough that I can cut into pieces and replace all the stock cords on my gear down the road....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.