Audio humor. Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I like to buy those stupidly expensive spec grade receptacles and outlets at the local home center. I doubt I have spent more than 10% of that on any AC plug or receptacle and was questioning myself for doing so.. :p I do think they make a difference up to a point, but the point of diminishing returns sets in very early on the pricing curve. :D

Almost $150 for a receptacle :eek: pure serpola... :D

(Good plugs do cost a lot more than good receptacles.. Guess the volume in plugs is not that high compared to receptacles.)

Hospital grade stuff is absolutely guaranteed to provide ground integrity - other than that there is little difference between it and the best commercial/spec grade items. (And at a huge increase in cost.) No point IMO, unless free..

Last edited:
Anyone who spends $150 on a mains socket wants his head testing. Just go to a proper electrical retailer and buy a one (hospital grade if you must) for a tenth the price. Do you think hospitals pay that much????

Lets hope the utility company remembered to fit gold plated cryo-treated parts all the way back to the power station.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Read the reviews Kevin, you might change your mind! :p

(Even Daniel Jackson posted from deep within Cheyenne Mountain)

I was wondering why my personal mini stargate is so sluggish in dialing the Asgaard home world... Odd whiring, grinding noises, and the chevrons kind of hang before locking, thought it must be a power issue.. Well now I know.. :p:p

What a review, I hope this guy does a job on the Deadloss Blackbody....

OMG - Finally, audio nirvana
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Thesby Snacoil from Gullible, MO

As an audiophile, I've been a big fan of worthless add-on's and cash sucking doohickys for many, many years. I have an innate trust in the goodness of the market to guide me in making proper product decisions, such as my Shakti Stones and green ink CD marker pens that I keep next to the Tice Clock. An entire industry has been built on the backs of guys like me, and I'm damned proud of that. Damned proud.

But now I'm even more happy because the Wattgate has raised my audiophile experience to a whole new level of authority and acumen. After spending over $2,000 on new outlets, the difference I hear is nothing short of stunning and astonishing. Music sounds more like music. Quiet sounds more like quiet. The current flows so much more efficiently with these new outlets. Do they provide less resistance, less capacitance, and less inductance than my old outlets? No - but that is not the point. The point is that they sound SO MUCH BETTER.

Yes, these are heady times we live in. I'm so happy to have more stuff that greatly enhances the quality of our lives together. I just wish that all of you could HEAR what these outlets sound like.

I like this one:

I am rating the Wattgate 381 so low because I have conflicting opinions on it. Working as an electronics technician on high end business aircraft we needed a receptacle capable of filtering out the considerable noise found on the power distribution systes of aircraft. After installing these outlets we found that any laptop plugged into it had an extra terrabyte of hard disk space and ran 287.6% faster. Initial testing showed that on a flight from Wichita, Ks to Seattle, Wa our cruising speed inscreased by 80 knots and fuel consumption was reduced by an astounding 25%. However I write this review from a holding cell because being so impressed with the Wattgate 381's performance I decided to take one home to try. Once installed though my home theatre system ran with unparalleled clarity and performance I never could have dreamed of, the Wattgate notified the authorities that it had been stolen and the police showed up at my door within 45 minutes. I tried to explain that I merely borrowed the outlet to test at home before purchasing one, but it was to no avail. I now have no job, my wife has filed for divorce and after the Wattgate 381 testifies in open court I will have a criminal record.

From the content and style, I'd say most of the reviews where written by the same guy.
He's very funny, whoever he is!

Hi Pano,
glad to see you here again. Let the folks sing around about your tip. I am sure such upgrades bring more than cables because they handle about the most important raw material in Audio ... The Current in the start of a chain. I myself made a very big step just in changing the powersupply of an amp...

Please look in your PM box - you have got a message

Best wishes
M.K.

I was skeptical, but the results when combined with a "Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee" were nothing short of amazing. I installed the duplex socket in the wall of my trailer, replacing the socket with the broken cover and charred plastic. When I plugged in the 27" TV, suddenly the picture seemed to fill the whole wall. When I plugged in the Venturer home theater system and played the "Fifth Element", Milla Jovovich came out of the TV and made love to me. I highly recommend both the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket and The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.