Polar electro with bypass cap to replace nonpolar as coupling cap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all,
just doing a mod on a recording interface - i love the sound of the kz caps for coupling. i have a stereo signal path that currently uses 4 x 22µf bi-polar caps (that i replaced with nichicon ES... were jamicon).
anyway, i have some nichicon KZ 10µf caps on hand. I really dig the sound of them on the mic preamp that i modded. I want now to try them on my main output paths. Only thing stopping me is that currently the nonpolar caps are stock.
Can I simply do this?...
drop in the KZ caps with positive lead toward the opamp, negative toward the output. then throw a 0.1µf poly bypass cap on the leads to accommodate the bi-polar-ness?
I had read somewhere that i should measure the DC voltage between each set of leads on the nonpolar caps to find any positive value and use that to orient my polar caps. seems odd to me, but what do i know. the voltage that i did measure was very, very low (fractions of millivolts). should there be signal going for such measurements if so? is it necessary?
thanks for any input.
cheers,
AT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.