ChipAmp.com Website Just Vaporized ?!?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
site should be back up now.

Sorry about that!

--
Brian

Brian,

As of this posting, I still get "site unknown" errors. I do understand that DNS propagation/caching takes time, but it is about 12 hours after you state your site is up.

Your products have received glowing reviews. You have personally received glowing reviews. Despite all this, as a new customer, I am highly suspicious.

I have spoken with PayPal, who put a "shipping hold" on the transaction. Your shipment manager said he "can't ship" until I "end the claim". But PayPal states that all you need to do is verify shipping, and you WILL GET PAID.

I hope you see how suspicious this appears to a first time customer. First, your website vaporizes the day after I make a purchase. Then you say it is up, but I still get "site unknown" errors. Third, PayPal guarantees payment and automatic claim closure once you provide them with shipping verification, but your shipping manager wants me to close the claim and states he "can't ship" until I do so. Wouldn't you be suspicious too?

I sincerely hope we can resolve this transaction to our mutual satisfaction.

IN other news he says hes going to off 20% off new orders after he gets the site up since its been a few days. Im a new customer too and ordered the day before the blackout. Im not worried since he personally posted like 6 times about the site and is providing updates. I hope the site is up before i get my kit since i dont know if the kit comes with paper instructions.

Brian,

As of this posting, I still get "site unknown" errors. I do understand that DNS propagation/caching takes time, but it is about 12 hours after you state your site is up.

Your products have received glowing reviews. You have personally received glowing reviews. Despite all this, as a new customer, I am highly suspicious.

I have spoken with PayPal, who put a "shipping hold" on the transaction. Your shipment manager said he "can't ship" until I "end the claim". But PayPal states that all you need to do is verify shipping, and you WILL GET PAID.

I hope you see how suspicious this appears to a first time customer. First, your website vaporizes the day after I make a purchase. Then you say it is up, but I still get "site unknown" errors. Third, PayPal guarantees payment and automatic claim closure once you provide them with shipping verification, but your shipping manager wants me to close the claim and states he "can't ship" until I do so. Wouldn't you be suspicious too?

I sincerely hope we can resolve this transaction to our mutual satisfaction.

CHIPAMP.COM is a very well respected web site to do business with. I have ordered multiple items from Brian, and will continue to do so, despite this little hiccup. Others have looked at the DNS issue that Brian mentions and see where the problems lie. You yourself say that "glowing reviews" abound and yet you go on the offensive with PayPal by putting a shipping hold on your order. Why would Brian ship product without being paid for it? Mouser, DigiKey, Bottlehead, Tubelab, Dell Computer and 99.99% of the companies that do business around the globe require payment before shipping. It is how business is done!

Did you try contacting Brian at his PayPal email before calling PayPal or posting here? His email is on your PayPal receipt. Am I bothered by your post? Yes, I am. As a small business owner I am constantly frustrated by people that do not take responsible actions. These people would rather have someone else do their work for them and assume that they are being ripped off or taken advantage off. As for PayPal there are times when it is hard to get them to pay. I have personally had this happen to me and it is no fun.

Alan

CHIPAMP.COM is a very well respected web site to do business with. I have ordered multiple items from Brian, and will continue to do so, despite this little hiccup. Others have looked at the DNS issue that Brian mentions and see where the problems lie. You yourself say that "glowing reviews" abound and yet you go on the offensive with PayPal by putting a shipping hold on your order. Why would Brian ship product without being paid for it? Mouser, DigiKey, Bottlehead, Tubelab, Dell Computer and 99.99% of the companies that do business around the globe require payment before shipping. It is how business is done!

Did you try contacting Brian at his PayPal email before calling PayPal or posting here? His email is on your PayPal receipt. Am I bothered by your post? Yes, I am. As a small business owner I am constantly frustrated by people that do not take responsible actions. These people would rather have someone else do their work for them and assume that they are being ripped off or taken advantage off. As for PayPal there are times when it is hard to get them to pay. I have personally had this happen to me and it is no fun.

Alan

Alan, Brian, Joseph, and anyone else concerned :

First, let me apologize because it seems I have disparaged Brian's name and ChipAmp.com. It was very clear after my initial post that Brian and ChipAmp are highly respected here. And after seeing my package leave Independence Kentucky (via tracking), I see my concerns were unfounded.

Simultaneously, trust is an earned commodity that goes both ways. At a fundamental level, TRUST is how business is done, despite any other policies or protocols invoked on top of that, like payment before shipping.

I was a small business owner too. My son and I ran Suborbital Flying Machines. We designed and built model rocket kits, and sold low to high power rocket motors. Our philosophy about customer service was to own any problem encountered in a transaction to the point of resolution, as far as we could have any influence. This attitude and effort resulted in high customer retention, and corresponding satisfaction. Any other attitude is bad for a small business.

To answer your question Alan, yes, I sent an email to the edress listed in my PayPal notice, which was something like "shipping@chipamp.com". I also contacted PayPal ONLY to see if they had information about ChipAmp's status. PayPal put the shipping hold on the order of their own volition when they saw that the chipamp.com URL was available for sale on a registrar site (they said). This is not how I wanted to proceed. PayPal sent me an email stating they would resolve the matter. That's when I got an email from Joseph Lau who had the title of "shipping manager". Based on his email, I contacted PayPal twice more, and replied to Joseph twice more, to get this to a point of resolution.

In the end, Joseph sent the order with much extra effort, and did not fault me for being so suspicious, to the point of sending me screen snaps of the utter nonsense that PayPal was putting him through.

Bottom line, ChipAmp went the extra mile, and I am very appreciative. Unless I recieve a box full of air tomorrow, they have earned my trust. And I seriously hope that I can establish trust with these excellent people and their excellent business.

Chipamp has always come through for me, on my last order, when i showed Brian a project i was working on and ordered a few sets of amplifier boards he sent quite a few extra. The boards are very well made and easy to build. they have options you can use or not depending on what you need it for.

Just ground it right and you are golden :)

and sure ill take advantage of the discount and stock up, all these national chips arent doing much good in my parts box!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.