New builder: Proposed BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently considering building an AMP from Class D's kits. I have built PC's many times, and wired home electrical panels, but have only rudimentary EE knowledge. However, I do think I have the gist of what's required. As a begin to put it all together, I'll likely get extremely frustrated if I forget things, so I wanted to make sure that I've covered all the major elements in advance. Here is what I believe a minimum BOM to be:

• AMP board.
  • Toroidal transformer, rated to produce watts at XX% of amplifer's rated output.
  • Power supply module.
  • Power switch of choice.
  • IEC connector for power.
  • Mainline fuse rated at XX amps.
  • CL60 thermistor inserted between signal equipment and ground.
  • Front panel volume dial of choice.
  • Rod to connect volume dial to potentiometer.
  • Potentiometer for volume control (is this inserted on the low level line in?)
  • Fans, if desired, and possibly a resistor inline to the fan to slow its speed, to make it quiet.
  • Case of choice.
  • Case feet of choice.
  • Possibly grounded metal partitioning to elecromagnetically isolate the power supply from the amp board.
  • Tools, elbow grease and luck.
Am I missing anything?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.