"Best" film cap you've never heard of?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some larger size examples:

97425d1262019314-cours-un-tangente-deltametre-largecapsoejpg

Maybe there exist even better sounding capacitors...but when the Solen's are so cheap and so good, it makes no sense, for me. Really, I can't find significant flaws in their sound quality...

Seriously: pheraps Solen is cheap but not very trasparency. Only its medium is very good, but it lack in high and in bass response.
You can try Cardas: it is also cheap for its quality. hear it and then let me know :p

Francesco.

Ha ha hahahhaha. It's ridiculous to make such a big deal of capacitors.

There's been Sin Bin filling jihad's here over lesser components ;)

Solens are very transparent... and I know what I'm talking about.

Maybe hardcores are looking for something particularly seductive.... I look for transparency, and I love Solen's.

Solens, IMO, are stupendous in crossovers and OK for high-level coupling, but as the signal level gets smaller, they get really boring and flat.

Maybe that's just how my brain interprets transparent? :confused:

Cheers!

Anyway I can't but look at things in a quality/cost perspective... and really I couldn't have spent the little money the Solen's cost any better. I would never spend on expensive caps anyway, when Wima or Solen MKP are that good. I also don't look for anything overly seductive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.