Nichicon Muse ES series (BiPolar)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

has anyone experience with Muse ES Capacitors? Since BiPolar Black Gates are not available anymore, and good MKPs are crazy expensive, I was looking around for some neat replaces and found some from Nichicon.

Is anyone using them for DC coupling? Has some compared them to their the Back Gate equivalent?

I've used a few, mainly where I needed an inexpensive, compact signal path cap that was a bit better than any old electrolytic. I wouldn't say they're great, but they do the job. I haven't done any direct comparisons to BlackGates or similar.

I'd like to know what you meant by "good MKPs". Any MKP (or MKT for that matter) is going to beat an ES. The only reason I'd ever use an ES is situations where you are limited by high capacitance or small size.

Hi Folks,

has anyone experience with Muse ES Capacitors? Since BiPolar Black Gates are not available anymore, and good MKPs are crazy expensive, I was looking around for some neat replaces and found some from Nichicon.

Is anyone using them for DC coupling? Has some compared them to their the Back Gate equivalent?

the ES sound "thick" and warm,a bit closed on high,compare to BG nonpolar,BG sound more clear,better high,and the mid freq better also,but the ES is pretty good caps:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.