Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2009, 04:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rockby OZ weekend sale

http://www.rockby.com.au/Rockby/Mailer

10000uF 63V Snap-in Electro. Cap(Pk-4) $12.50
Old 5th December 2009, 07:40 AM   #2
just another
diyAudio Moderator

That looks a very nice price Moondog. but the link isn't working.. this one should be ok ROCKBY SPECIALS PAGE 1

I'm tempted to buy a set as I'm going to want some big caps for my B1 project, but I was kinda hoping to use Nichicon KG's in that, only problem there is that where I was going to get them won't have stock till Feb 2010... Edit: my other problem is the freight would almost double the price

Tony.

Last edited by wintermute; 5th December 2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 5th December 2009, 08:43 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

How big is big enough??
I have 6 NOS here I bought when I thought building an amplifier was going to be my next project; is 36000uF 63V big enough ??
Old 5th December 2009, 10:36 AM   #4
just another
diyAudio Moderator

too big for the B1 I haven't decided yet what I'm going to use but the original had 15,000 25V from memory... I was thinking of using 10,000 25V's but you can go as low as 1000 according to Nelson, that makes some elna silmics seem attractive too...

The other problem was I wanted to get some 10,000 80V KG's for my main amp at the same time to save on shipping.. I'll work something out

Tony.
Old 20th July 2012, 04:03 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

This W/E they have some interesting resistors on sale, integral heat sinks for high powered operation, a bit much maybe for XOs but it's possible they may come in handy for high powered stuff, I have often thought a heatsink would be a good idea as I have had resistors scorch and melt the foam in old IMF stuff in the past ( not to mention the overheating of the coils at the same time.

http://www.rockby.com.au/Rockby/Mailer/MADNE222_1.htm

Last edited by Moondog55; 20th July 2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Add the link

Hide this!Advertise here!