Pio caps:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A tip I think is well worth consideration; this came from an old hand at working with PIO caps in tubed audio circuits.

As many PIO caps are anything but freshly made (and most have been sitting around for quite a long time), it is probable that the oil content has gravitated to the lowest side/end of the cap - depending on the storage position. My contact advised cooking them in an oven - with frequent rolling, especially as they cool down again to room temperature. This should redistribute the oil content more evenly.

Just an idea which you may find beneficial.

A tip I think is well worth consideration; this came from an old hand at working with PIO caps in tubed audio circuits.

As many PIO caps are anything but freshly made (and most have been sitting around for quite a long time), it is probable that the oil content has gravitated to the lowest side/end of the cap - depending on the storage position. My contact advised cooking them in an oven - with frequent rolling, especially as they cool down again to room temperature. This should redistribute the oil content more evenly.

Just an idea which you may find beneficial.

Nonsence!

Hey guys, this is not even funny.

Now what do you think happens, when some person, puts a few PIO caps in an oven at 225C ?

Suggesting to boil them in oil, without making it obvious that it was a joke, is perhaps even more unfortunate.

Magura :)

Thank you Magura....I should have checked this over in preview before posting.

I SHOULD have made it clear that the temperature needs to be 35-say 40C.

I SHOULD have also said that 20 minutes is enough.

I SHOULD NOT have used the verb "cook"!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.