Dreambox Power Supply - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2009, 10:25 AM   #1
sacpul is offline sacpul  Malta
diyAudio Member

Default Dreambox Power Supply

I have a dreambox and the fault is that 2 powersupply has been faulty dew to variable AC that is supplied from the power station.

Now I have bought a regular variable powersupply from 3 to 12v 1.5A and works very fine as the continous current from the receiver is 0.75A. The power supply that I'm using is with transformer but it is not regulated. Without load it measuers 17vdc on the meter but it will go down with the voltage drop of the particular load.

Now the problem is with the motor that sometimes this receiver is not driving the motor well. I have tried to put a L7812 between and 16v 1000uF on the output of the voltage regulator with heatsink. The problem is that with the voltage regulator the satellite receiver is not booting and then will restart.

Is there a particular circuit for 12VDC regulated with 2A. I wish to use this variable powersupply and not the switchmode that is supplied by the factory because this is more heavy duty. 2 Switch mode power supplies has been faulty in about 3 months and this one is about 10 months and works fine but I have this problem concerning to the driving of the motor dish.
Old 9th November 2011, 01:26 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Who can post the schematic of this power supply so as from DREAM Multimedia's main PCB from the models 7020 (7020S) and 500 (500S) ??

And a second question: which evaluation boards are the best for investigate the DVB-S satellite receiver topologies?

Hide this!Advertise here!