Where to find large capacity high voltage caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Where should I go to find 1800uF 400v electrolytic caps for PS use?

I'm also looking for 150uF 400v.

I'm looking for those specific values.

Most of the suppliers I've looked at have some high voltage caps, but the 1800uF 400v is hard to locate.

Is there a manufacturer or brand in these high value caps that are known to be better performers sonically? Or is it a case of them being so hard to find that you just have to use what is available?

Thanks!
KT

Hi

Where should I go to find 1800uF 400v electrolytic caps for PS use?

I'm also looking for 150uF 400v.

I'm looking for those specific values.

Most of the suppliers I've looked at have some high voltage caps, but the 1800uF 400v is hard to locate.

Is there a manufacturer or brand in these high value caps that are known to be better performers sonically? Or is it a case of them being so hard to find that you just have to use what is available?

Thanks!
KT

Here you are with one of the best capasitors ever made. Nippon Chemicon 1800uF/400 105 degree. Is mentioned to be one of the best as far as sonical performance is concerned.

Schraub-Elko Nippon 1800uF / 400V ; 1800µF + Schelle bei eBay.de: Bauteile (endet 09.12.09 14:27:49 MEZ)

Best rgds
Kim

Should have 150uF/400V as well. Otherwise try Ebay.de. I think they accept PayPal.

Thanks, guys, for the information. It's extremely helpful. Just what I was need to move my project to the next step.

For the 1800uF caps, I think I will go with the Nippon Chemi-Cons first, for their affordability. Maybe upgrade to the Panasonics later to see if they sound better.

Thanks!
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.